• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman new B-3

John Lever

SuinBruin said:
C'mon guys, the forum is for Eastman bashing only. Didn't you get the memo?

In all seriousness, this is a pretty cool jacket, though not very wearable. I respect Eastman for making it as it seems like a repro for repro's sake -- I doubt they'll sell too many of these but it's a nice homage to pre-WWII USAAC/AAF flight jackets.
The target market is China and Japan I would assume. Probably also for very rich twenty somethings.

blackrat2

I agree I think it is aimed at certain people..your footballers for example,wanting a bit of history to own but being able to look flamboyant and to stand out whilst driving around Cobham

blackrat2

Sorry for those that don't know...Cobham...a place in Surrey UK where footballers from Chelsea seem to reside

Roughwear

Point taken, but I have never seen an original white B-3. There is no contract for them and I guess Aero used white rather than the natural undyed fleece, which was used to supply B-3s and B-7s to the USAAC/USSAF.

handworn

I had no idea this contract even existed. I agree with Tim P. that this leather would be great on a B-7, and with Mikey B-17 that it would look somewhat grubby if worn regularly. But damn neat to see, anyway.