• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Deck Jackets

Cobblers161

Nice shots man, I love 'em in all their guises.

Do you know much about the later 70's-90's A-2 Deck Jkts? I have one I'm trying to identify.

It has the shell of a 'Nam-era jacket but the label suggests a 1986 contract. Any ideas?

Thomas Koehle

Thx for the positive Feedback ...

I have about 7 or 8 A2 in my collection will check the labels to see wether there is any difference...

At least with the pic you send I miss the size which is also usually indicated on the label

Thomas

Cobblers161

It's labelled Large 42-44 but like the '68 A-2 I own it's a slim fit unlike the later A-2's.

My thought is that it was made by the same company but labelled at the point the styles changed. I've seen newer A-2's with the old cloth labels also.

ausreenactor

I have an RM Olive N-1 Deck and a BR Deck Zip. I try to get my 'Deck' out in public when I can. Sometimes I look at my 'Deck' and smile. And from time to time I get jealous when I compare my 'Deck' with other guys'.

That unarmed combat pic is the best... Love the guy in the background.

Thomas Koehle

Been to a LEVIS shop yesterday and was surprised they are currently also selling a kind of N1 repop in blue.

I took only a quick-check but didn't look that bad at all - just the fabric was kinda thin compared to originals.

Pricing was around 200.- Euro

By far not a replacement for a BR or TM but might be useable as a kind of substitute anyway.

So if you ain't after that 100% authenticity maybe give a try and check at your local Levi's-Dealer

Last edited:

Cobblers161

It doesn't look too bad at all. It'd be easy enough to replace the buttons with period correct, add a stencil to the back and bingo!

I think the zipper may bother me though. Such is the way of the jacket nerd.

Thomas Koehle

a couple of A2's out of my collection

SNEP = Saudi Naval Education Program

don't know about the meaning - maybe someone might help out?

Seabees - was too small for me so i traded it in for some other stuff

another one - was really happy when i got her - found at a Garage sale in Michigan on a Business trip

another one of which i do not know the meaning of the markings - interestng on this jacket is the stencilled rank

finally a A2 with Airforce Markings - all sewn with machine - must have been a trade inbetween some Navy and USAF personel

Last edited:

Aerosquad

Deck jackets are great . They were very popular in the 70's. I have always been surprised at the popularity among bikers.
Looking through pictures of Hells Angeles in California, at Altomont etc there seems to be a good contingent of deck jackets