• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

David D Doniger A2 in superb condition

Roughwear

The iconic David D Doniger contract is one of my favourite A2 designs with the pointed collar, angular pocket flaps and very comfortable fit. The contract dates to 9th June 1942 and only 5,000 were made making it the joint smallest Wartime contract with Cooper. This one is a generous size 42. I already have two badged Donigers and had been on the look out for a plain Doniger when this one came up for sale earlier in the year. It is 100% original and the lining is pristine and the knits are in very good order. The workmanship on Doniger A2s is amongst the best I have seen on original A2s. Clearly the machinists were very experienced. The goatskin is magnificent without any rot or repairs. I took it to Flying Legends last weekend, but it was too hot to wear it during the air show. Here are some pics taken today.

CBI

looks terrific!

My refurbished one looks pretty cool but is not in as good a shape!

saucerfiend

What a great Doniger! And a nice fit, too. Looks on par with the condition of the Aero I sold you. The color seems to match my GW Donnie perfectly. Enjoy it, Brother!

Brian

Roughwear

saucerfiend said:
What a great Doniger! And a nice fit, too. Looks on par with the condition of the Aero I sold you. The color seems to match my GW Donnie perfectly. Enjoy it, Brother!

Brian

Thanks Brian. This Doniger has had a little more wear than the Aero, but is still in very well preserved condition.

P1110034_zpsb51af63f.jpg

Dr H

I prefer this one to your badged jackets Andrew - looks very fine.

One element of the Doniger design that I particularly like is the pronounced drop at the front of the waistband (seen well here).

[/quote]

Other patterns that I've worn are just not as comfortable (as much as I love Perrys, I tend to find that the torso is generally too short at the belly).
Above all though, it's just really smart throughout - neat collar, slender torso, relaxed fit. I've taken to wearing my collar snapped down and it's transforms this feature.

Marv

I saw this jacket in the flesh at Legends and it is superb, the photos don't really do the jacket any justice as it is so much better in reality and the goatskin is amazing for an original.

Andrew! I guess it was good that I decided not to bid on this. It would have made it much more expensive for one of us. Looks like a very nice jacket, but still not like that 16159 though! :lol: :lol:

That one still haunts me! I'm looking forward to coming for a visit when I get back to London. I can't wait to see your fabulous collection in the flesh! Hopefully, it won't be too long.

Aha! The body is able but the mind is old! My mistake. :oops: Yours looks to be a very nice size and runs surprisingly slender. Looks fabulous!!

Andrew...game, set, match. Perfect. Fit, condition, perfect. Thanks for sharing - you have the grail of great originals that fit well and to enjoy wearing.

Roughwear

It certainly is a fantastic jacket and it would be almost impossible to find a better example these days. I wonder how many of the 5,000 made still exist today?