• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Civilian Perry A-2 Jacket

Roughwear

My question is: Is Perry Sportswear the same as Perry Sales Co? The collar does is not the typical Perry Sportswear shape. Yes this civi jacket does have red rot.

Jason

Back in that thread, was it established that Perry Sales & Perry Sportswear were the same? It didn't seem like it to me. But I can anecdotally offer that the jacket here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/121616047/v ... ber-jacket
has leather that seems to be identical (as much as one can be sure from photos alone - the drape, colour, overall character are so much alike) to one of my Perry Sportswear A-2s. So, perhaps they are the same company?

Dr H

As it's postwar, isn't the 1756 contract a more apt comparison?
The collar/pocket flaps of the latter have more in common with this jacket than the classic mid war Perry contracts.
I chased up the news article when the other jacket came up and the addresses of the Newburgh factory and the mail order were not that far apart.
my money is on them being one and the same.

Dr H

Dr H said:
As it's postwar, isn't the 1756 contract a more apt comparison?
The collar/pocket flaps of the latter have more in common with this jacket than the classic mid war Perry contracts.
I chased up the news article when the other jacket came up and the addresses of the Newburgh factory and the mail order were not that far apart.
my money is on them being one and the same.
Or at least a company having taken on the Perry factory/workforce/leather stocks (and name).