• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buzz Rickson M13815/16 blue L-2A Superior Togs label - how old are these?

Griffon_301

hey guys!

maybe one of you knows how old this L-2A might be, in the sense of repro old :D
I am asking because I might, or might not, be willing to sell my example;
its a size 42 that fits me quite nice; its a bit short, but you knowledgeable bunch know that. and, to make it stand apart from its standard brethren, it has brown knits that would look great on a A-2.
I once read, dont know anymore where (and if this is true at all), that some L-2s were "repaired" with whatever knits were available, even if they were not blue and not normally used for L-2s;

so any hints about the jackets age (and maybe what would be a fair asking price) are welcome...

Dany McDonald

HI Griffon,

Find the BR production code in one of the pockets and look on the interweb to track down its date from; let's say a Japanese site with some information.
That's how I sometimes find some info about a repro kit from BR, RM, etc...

You have not posted any image by the way...;)

Griffon_301

I am not sure if I am really willing to part with it that's why I didn't post pictures yet.
the product code according the label in the left pocket is M13815/16. unfortunately the web does not yield much info about that product code or about BR L-2As with brown knits....

Spitfireace

Sort of a BR fantasy thing. Stick some might have happened knits on it. Could have happened but probably didn't. That being said, it's the usual top quality BR.

Rutger

On Ebay you'll find totally stupendous asking prices. Think $800. Or $600. Or $900. Or $1600.
When I was still looking for them I bought them for like $170. For a like new and with decent patches I'd pay maybe $250.
It kind of depends if one stumbles upon an eager buyer.
I'd see them for like $300, and consider that a bit too much. Unless excellent and with the right patches.
But someone else might consider that acceptable or even a bargain.

Check the for sale section here and determine your decent average.

asiamiles

The M rather than BR model number dates this back to the 1990's or possibly early 2000's. I'm not sure of the year the switch was made.
The L-2A model number M13815 (M13816 probably refers to a patched version) is a Superior Togs repro and should have green knits; if your jacket has brown knits then I assume they've been replaced. I do recall Buzz did do a blue nylon jacket with brown knits, but that was much more recently...I think it was an anniversary special.