• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buzz Rickson M-42 jump jacket.

Peter Graham

I don't think this jacket has featured on the forum before so I thought I'd post a few pics. I've had a hankering for an M-42 for a long time and after seeing all the great examples in the museums in Normandy I thought it was time to take the plunge. I'm not really one for repros but an original is beyond my price range and after examining a fair number of the cheaper repros and not being very impressed I contacted Miles in Japan who sourced me this as new example for a great price. I've handled originals and the weight and colour are spot on, the quality is the usual Buzz standard and all the fittings are correct to the originals. Sorry about the gratuitous posing but I think this jacket needs to be photographed being worn to appreciate it.

m-42007.jpg

The back has a deep pleat and a gusset for ease of movement.
m-42011.jpg

Nice nickel Conmatic main zipper.
m-42008.jpg

Brass Conmatic zippers about six inches long are on each side of a concealed knife pocket.
m-42009.jpg

m-42004.jpg

m-42006.jpg

havocpaul

Looks great, Peter :) I owned one a few years back but it got no wear so sold it on, as you say, everything is exactly as an original and having been lucky to try an original on from a friend's rare collection, it felt identical in fit and weight. I wish they'd done a re-inforced version too, I do like the 'rigger - modifications' to the pockets. Now if you'd only had the jacket for your Normandy trip!

Tim P

All the repros I have owned have never been quite close enough to the two real ones (I had) but if anyone can nail it, buzz can frankly.
this looks spot on.

ausreenactor

Not as good as the Good Wear one... hasn't been made yet...but just isn't.. ;)

It is flash.. The second hand market in Japan is a bargain basement... Miles scored
a ripper for stuff all the other night. I was hesitating a bid, but he is a nice bloke...

Enjoy...I have a cut edge 82nd patch I can post you? :cool:

Couchy

dujardin

not a too bad repro

definitely, you 've got the right look to wear khaki cotton jacket
you're not on the right forum my dear Peter :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Atticus

Looks good, Peter. But you need one of these to go with your jacket. Just don't let your local constable know you're carrying it!

1745.jpg

AF

Peter Graham

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. I wasn't too sure about it at first but I really like it now. It will only improve with a bit of wear and tear and a few washes. Geoff, the M2 knife that's designed for the pocket is a seriously expensive piece of kit nowadays but I've got a nice little stiletto in there now ;). Marcel, maybe I am on the wrong forum but my interest has been veering more and more towards US Army jackets and kit rather than flight jackets. I'm just finding it more interesting these days, and a lot cheaper. I hope you'll still tolerate me hanging around here. :)