• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blue-84 Service Dress Coat

oose

Hi all,
Funny the things you find in the market on the Holloway rd London, deadstock dress uniform jacket, minus buttons :( but for £2 all I had in my pocket I thought it seemed a good deal even for what must be the smallest size they made 32S! wonder if they made flight jackets that small? Just wondered if any one has or knows of where to get a set of button for the jacket. Is this jacket from 1949 or is it 1955 not sure how exactly to date these.

All the best
stu

oose

Its even got the tags in the pockets, I doubt that this one was ever issued, they could not find a airman small enough!

All the best
Stu

oose

Thanks Tim for looking :)
Thanks Dave for the dating conformation, I hoped it would be an early one, I don't really collect WW2 stuff, I like to concentrate on 1946 up until the mid 1960's, but I'm most interested in the transition period post war from props to jets 1946-50 so this fits perfectly in to that.

All the best
stu

RCSignals

FtrPlt

The bellows-style lower pockets were eliminated from the service uniform in 1969. The color also changed from the original silver-blue (Shade 84 family) to a darker blue (Shade 1549).

oose

evidence :D size 32s in use!

Thanks guys for the help, I've tracked down a set of button on ebay, hopefully I get them, there for sale in London, they probably came off this jacket!

All the best
stu

Monsoon

oose said:
evidence :D size 32s in use!
Thanks guys for the help, I've tracked down a set of button on ebay, hopefully I get them, there for sale in London, they probably came off this jacket!

If you don't get the buttons, let me know. I MIGHT have a set off my old blues.

Jeff Flint