• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BK Aero 18775

cmk-2

I am very pleased with my purchase of a BK AERO 18775 in Russet Antique finished Horsehide with Red knits. Platon on the forum and Andy at BK were easy to work with and answered emails in a timely manner (and I had a lot of them). The jacket fit is exactly what I wanted; Andy worked with me in getting it just right. The leather is soft right out of the box the finish does stain easily (body oil on the collar already) I have no problem with this as I like the aged look much better than the fresh off the rack look. The leather is lighter in weight then my Good Wear but heaver then my Eastman. As originals varies a lot in weight I find this to be A Okay in my book. The knits are of the same quality of Good Wear as a matter of fact I’m told that BK and GW use the same supplier for those knits. I feel they are a little tight but will stretch out but they still are not a perfect match for the WWll knits but are some of the best going currently. I feel Eastman’s knits are a bit closer to the WWll knits. The cotton lining is of the right color but as with most of the repo makers, not as tightly woven as the originals as the originals are to some extent water repellent. The look of this A-2 closely matches a Buzz Rickson AERO limited edition A-2 with the “Rub Off” finish I owned, the difference is this leather is softer and like I stated does stain unlike the Buzz. Time frame was good with an order placed to time received close to 5 weeks. If I can ever figure out how to post pictures here I’ll do it. I don't understand why it is so hard to post a picture on the forum as I'm on a number of others and it's a simple process to post a picture on it.

Roughwear

Sounds great. Posting pictures from Photobucket and other web-based hosting sites is quite straightforward. However, if you want to email them to me I'll post them for you. Just send me a pm.

A

Anonymous

Hi Robin,
pity that you didn't mention about the lining weaving any earlier.
BK has 6 different colors for A-2 lining, out of which the two are a tight weaving.

stevetfire

Cheers for posting, sounds great , yea be nice to see some pics too if poss, send some to Andrew ,and for those of you that don't know BK have a Facebook page as well with lots of recent jacket pics on too .....very nice I have too say :D

zoomer

The Arco shows BK have many strings to their bow!
(arco is a musical term meaning to play with a bow)

Dr H

zoomer said:
The Arco shows BK have many strings to their bow!
(arco is a musical term meaning to play with a bow)

You're not taking the pizz...says the 'basest'... :cool:

CBI

the BK looks GREAT - all those darn BK emails.

Pics speak louder as always!!!!

Congrats

cmk-2

I will send some more pictures in a day or two to Andrew as he has the tech know how to post.
Thanks again Andrew.
Robin

Skip

Yes, looks the bees knees. Had my Werber 2 weeks now and the knits are beginning to loosen so it shouldn't take long.

cmk-2 did your Arco have a rather strong aroma? I forgot to mention this in my review, it wears off over time thankfully otherwise its rather eye watering when you put it on for the first time. I know its HH but it seems to smell like a horse straight from the paddock like, yours the same?

cmk-2

It does have that great leather smell. Mine is not eye watering thank goodness. Back in 1990 I bought a brand new Eastman RW and that made my eyes water. This I hope does not go away fast I love walking by it in the living room and catching the scent. If you have seen the pictures of my Good Wear RW "Great Escape" that John posted on his website under aged jackets, this one is going to get the same treatment on the dash of my car here in Fl. My car now has a nice new leather smell to it:)

A

Anonymous

The smell is really nice. The first batch of leathers had a very strong smell but the current, not so much.
If one is lucky enough to order when the batch has just arrived he get lots of smell.
In fact I am thinking to ask the tannery to make the smell last longer, if you guys agree.

A

Anonymous

good question
it's the russet, but the photos are too dark, can't see anything. We're waiting for more photos.

RayR

Roughwear said:
Here are the two photos which Robin has just sent me. Beautiful BK BTW.

Please post the measurements:
Shoulder to cuff
pit to pit
collar base to bottom
shoulder to shoulder

Thanks

cmk-2

It's for sale now here is the measurement's. Jacket is laying down and zipped when measurements were taken.

Pit to Pit 23 inches
Front length 21 1/2 inches
Sleeve 25 inches
Back 22 1/2 inches
Shoulder 18 inches

Price $500.00 plus shipping
email is [email protected] for current pictures