• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Godzilla movie ever with probably the most unique airplane used in a movie a

busdrivermike

Just finished watching Godzilla minus one , my opinion the best Godzilla movie
Ever made to date, Hollywood needs to take lessons from it and it had the most
Unique airplane I’ve seen in a a while the Japanese Kyushu J7W Shinden

It also has a leather flight jacket but it’s never shown well enough to identify
IMG_4840.jpeg

IMG_4839.jpeg
IMG_4837.jpeg
IMG_4836.jpeg
IMG_4835.jpeg

Last edited:

bseal

Just finished watching Godzilla minus one , my opinion the best Godzilla movie
Ever made to date, Hollywood needs to take lessons from it and it had the most
Unique airplane I’ve seen in a a while the Japanese Kyushu J7W Shinden

It also has a leather flight jacket but it’s never shown well enough to identify
View attachment 147127

View attachment 147119View attachment 147121View attachment 147123View attachment 147125
“There is, however, no record that the J7W1 ever took on a gigantic radioactive lizard. That part of the movie was made up.”

Sorry, not sorry. Still a believer.

busdrivermike

“There is, however, no record that the J7W1 ever took on a gigantic radioactive lizard. That part of the movie was made up.”

Sorry, not sorry. Still a believer.
That’s because just like the Roswell ufo crash it was covered up :p
IMG_4844.jpeg

:p:p:p

Griffon_301

that movie is brilliant!
compared to the recent Kong X Godzilla movie, which has taken the first step to killing the franchise, the Japanese take on their most famous pet monster is utterly brilliant.
the plane itself, well, i can remember flying it in the add on to the Aces of the Pacific flight sim more than twenty years ago and more recently in a Il2 1946 mod.
it looks nice but with the available technology of the day with regard to flight control and the low state of IJN pilot training back in 1945, I seriously doubt it would have been successful.
there is a reason the Curtiss "Ass"Ender, the XB-35 and the likes were not adopted in their time...