• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-3 Shootout...Goodwear Leather vs Eastman Perry B-3

raymos

Hi Guys,

I had the privilege last year of previewing JC's first Goodwear Mixed Batch B-3 jacket and I took a ton of photos comparing it to my Eastman Perry B-3 by Gary..... Here are the pics for your consideration. I hope everyone likes them... Both Jackets were stunning to look at.... You can see the differences with all the pics I took....

For most of the pics the Eastman is on the left and the Goodwear is on the right when the jackets are displayed together.......

I'd like to say that John Chapman did an EXCELLENT and totally outstanding job on his first stab at the B-3...Everything JC does is amazing.....

Please enjoy......

Thanks a lot,
Ray

John Lever

What a fantastic post with beautiful photos. I like both jackets that are subtly different and would love to own both. The ELC looks very dry in the front panels but I think batches have varied over the years. The arm panel are amazing. My Perry jacket has the red base beneath the seal acrylic,its a shame this leather is no longer available. How do the patterns differ ? I find lifting the arms to fasten the collar straps impossible.
The Few do an truly assymetrical version, I wonder if anyone here owns one ?

ButteMT61

More pics would help :lol:
And which one made the matching furniture?

All of that aside, wow. Great pics and great jackets. I prefer the one on the right, but I'd say you're set for the impending Ice Age quite well. Hope you get the chance to wear those often. Congrats on two nice jackets!

Peter Graham

bseal said:
Anyone know how soon BK will release its B-3 to compete?
Does Platon pay you or something ? Both are beautiful jackets but I think the Good Wear wins by a small margin.

Falcon_52

Great photos! Thanks for taking the time to post them. Personally, I prefer the finish on the Good Wear sheepskin as the Eastman looks pretty matte and dry. That being said, I wouldn't turn down a chance to wear either of them.

Noel

A

Anonymous

Congrats!!!!!!!
Both look great. I would have big trouble choosing.

Terrific post. Anyone know how soon BK will release its B-3 to compete?

I don't think B-3 will make B-3 soon.
They had started preparations to make B-3 at the request of the costume department of a big Hollywood movie, but later they advised that it was decided that no B-3 would be used in filming.

bseal

PLATON said:
Congrats!!!!!!!
Both look great. I would have big trouble choosing.

Terrific post. Anyone know how soon BK will release its B-3 to compete?

I don't think B-3 will make B-3 soon.
They had started preparations to make B-3 at the request of the costume department of a big Hollywood movie, but later they advised that it was decided that no B-3 would be used in filming.

Gotcha. Regardless, they have released some early footage of the Avengers 2 and it looks great. Good luck BK.

raymos

Thanks a lot guys for all of the great compliments...... The real thanks goes to guys like John Chapman and Gary Eastman. Men who were willing to carry on the legacy of these amazing reproductions and continually raise the level of skill to new heights...... I had never treated my ELC Perry with anything yet... Those pics were just after I received it and so now its way more broken in. I'm going to be doing some more pics of the jacket and posting as soon as tax season is over in a few weeks....lol

Thanks again.......

Ray