• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVI Leather jacket sizing problem and return

jwamznalx

Hi everyone,

I just purchased two jacket from AVI leather. One is Russet Bronco A-2, the other one is G-1. Both of them have size of 44.

About myself. I'm 180cm (5 feet and 10.9 inches). I'm 200 lbs. My chest is 42.5 inch, and my arm is 26 inch (this is the arms boundaries, not the arms length). I found that the jacket with the sizing of 44 from AVI leather is too tight for me.

The G-1 jacket, it's tight on chest level, especailly when I fully zipped up. But the arms of their G-1 are a little bit longer. I found the shoulder and the back length are perfect. I can move my arms forward easily, but cannot move my arms backword too much. (probably because of the design of the G-1 has some extra space on the back part)

The A-2 jacket, it's even more tight on chest level. Also the shoulder is too narrow. I can hardly zip up the jacket, and my arms can not move smooth with the zipped jacket. However, based on their sizing chart, it shows that the arms length of this A-2 bronco jacket is even longer than the G-1. That means if I purchase a larger size of A-2 jacket, I might be able to have a perfect shoulder, but the arm lengths will be much longer.

Now I want to make a exchange to have a different size of these two jacket from AVI leather. I have several questions. If anyone can help with that will be great and I'll really appriciate it!
  1. I think the sizing of their brand is a little bit weird. I previously bought the jacket from alpha industries, cockpit usa, san diego leather jacket factory, etc. Everytime I will buy the same size (40 or M) and it would perfect suit me. I not sure why the sizing of AVI leather is much different than other brand. Even 44 can not suit me. Does anyone have better ideas?
  2. If I want to have an exchange, what size should I buy? For example, the 44 sizing G-1 jacket have tight chest, long arms, perfect shoulder and back. If I buy the 46 size of G-1, then I might have a perfect chest, shoulder and back can be fine, but the arms will be too long for a jacket. Also If I buy a 46 size of A-2 jacket, I might have a better chest and shoulder, but the arms wIll be too long for me as well. Does anyone have better ideas?
  3. For return or exchange, I'm in USA and I have to mail it back to Denmark. The AVI leather mail these two jacket to me through DHL. I got a free quote from DHL online and it told me I need to pay at least 377 dollars to mail items back to Denmark. It's just too much and I can just buy a new one. Does anyone previously return or exchange the jacket from AVI leather? What kind of mailing did you use?

Thanks again if anyone can share some experiences and ideas. This is my first post in this forum. Hope everyone can have a great Thanksgiving holiday!

Last edited:

coolhandluke

FWIW, Avi's sizing is going to be more historically accurate versus Cockpit, etc as they have patterned original specimens. As a rule, I would recommend sizing up at least one size, sometimes two sizes in both Avi's A2's and M-422A's (I haven't owned an Avi G1). With your chest being a 42.5, the 46 would likely be the correct fit. The additional sleeve length won't be an appreciable amount when going up just one size. When in doubt, use their size chart and compare the measurements to a similar styled jacket in your collection that fits well. If the combination of measurements on the stock jackets don't jive with your required shoulder, chest, and arm measurements, you're much better off just putting down a deposit with a custom maker that will build a jacket to your needs.

I also purchased Avi jackets that were too small and the cheapest solution was just to resell as the cost for return shipping exceeded the loss of value when reselling the jacket. USPS is the cheapest of the shipping options and it was still in the neighborhood of $100 USD.

Last edited:

Saint-ex

Hello, did you exchange with them about sizing before order ?

For information I wear a size 52 or 50 from all accurate sizing manufacturers, but I tried a Cockpit A-2 in a shop and 46 was suiting me.

jwamznalx

FWIW, Avi's sizing is going to be more historically accurate versus Cockpit, etc as they have patterned original specimens. As a rule, I would recommend sizing up at least one size, sometimes two sizes in both Avi's A2's and M-422A's (I haven't owned an Avi G1). With your chest being a 42.5, the 46 would likely be the correct fit. The additional sleeve length won't be an appreciable amount when going up just one size. When in doubt, use their size chart and compare the measurements to a similar styled jacket in your collection that fits well. If the combination of measurements on the stock jackets don't jive with your required shoulder, chest, and arm measurements, you're much better off just putting down a deposit with a custom maker that will build a jacket to your needs.

I also purchased Avi jackets that were too small and the cheapest solution was just to resell as the cost for return shipping exceeded the loss of value when reselling the jacket. USPS is the cheapest of the shipping options and it was still in the neighborhood of $100 USD.

If it took $100 to return and exchange, means I spent more than $450 to buy this jacket. That's quite a money. Previously I checked this forum and saw many people said AVI leather have really good return & exchange policy, but no one mentioned the return shipping fee. I should have post this before I placed an order.

Also, AVI leather sizing chart is weird. It shows the chest size of the jacket itsef by using "armpit to armpit", but not the actual chest round size of the person who wears the jacket. It just caused too much confusion. The size 44 of A-2 jacket has chest armpit to armpit size of 57 cm. If I double the this pit to pit size, it will be 114 cm, which is 6 cm longer than my chest round size (which is 108 cm). I thought it would give enough room for me, but turned out it's not.

Compared to 5 * jacket, the AVI leather really should provide much more clear sizing guide to the customer. In its website, it said you better compare with your own jacket first. However, my own jacket is not the repro of WW2. If I use Cockpit USA jacket to measure the size, it turns out that the chest might be perfect, but the arms and back would be too long, while the shoulder is still narrow. I don't think it's a good idea to compare with my own jacket. Maybe AVI leather should post the model's sizing, just like Bronson mfg, and it will provide much better understanding for customer.

jwamznalx

Hello, did you exchange with them about sizing before order ?

For information I wear a size 52 or 50 from all accurate sizing manufacturers, but I tried a Cockpit A-2 in a shop and 46 was suiting me.
I emailed the person of AVI leather while I placing order. He said 44 size might be suitable to me. And he recommended me to measure with my own jacket.

But the thing is, the Cockpit USA A-2 is more like a Commercial jacket, but not military repro jacket. (I think that's why in this forum not many people discuss Cockpit) And commercial jacket sizing is different with military WW2 repro jacket. Even with same chest sizing, the commercial jacket might be perfect on arms and shoulders, while military repro jacket will be a little bit longer on arms and shorter on shoulder. Different type of contract might have different style.

Brettafett

Welcome to the world of flight jackets. We've all been through this at one point or another. Its par for the course.
Just be glad you didn't order a more expensive high end jacket.
Here in the UK/ EU, we suffer the same issues in reverse, buying from the US. Adding postage and import duties makes it tricky, worse when having to return.

AVI's are copied off originals and then graded, so they're arguably WWII patterns and sizing. These jackets were made for young, lean, trim guys.
Cockpit, US Wings et al are made for modern guys. The sizing and fit is not comparable.

Sizing is VERY subjective, and one really has to work out what works for you.
Unless you can go into a store and try on, it's going to be trial and error. No matter who you order from.

Id have said a 46 would have been a better call for the A-2 and would have recommended the M-422A over the G-1.
The G-1 55J14 is an early G-1 pattern, wide shoulders, narrow waist, only really suits very trim chaps.
The M-422A pattern is a lot more forgiving, this also in a 46.

Im 5'10 40" chest, trim and wear a 42 in both of the above. 42 is comfy for me, with a very light layering.
I had a Cockpit A-2 in a 36!

I know its a bit late, but as you are in the US, I'd consider Headwind's A-2s, Bronco or Arlo (Aeroleather)
Also copied off originals, so check sizing carefully...
Being US-based, easier to deal with and return if necessary.

Last edited:

ZuZu

Hi everyone,

I just purchased two jacket from AVI leather. One is Russet Bronco A-2, the other one is G-1. Both of them have size of 44.

About myself. I'm 180cm (5 feet and 10.9 inches). I'm 200 lbs. My chest is 42.5 inch, and my arm is 26 inch (this is the arms boundaries, not the arms length). I found that the jacket with the sizing of 44 from AVI leather is too tight for me.

The G-1 jacket, it's tight on chest level, especailly when I fully zipped up. But the arms of their G-1 are a little bit longer. I found the shoulder and the back length are perfect. I can move my arms forward easily, but cannot move my arms backword too much. (probably because of the design of the G-1 has some extra space on the back part)

The A-2 jacket, it's even more tight on chest level. Also the shoulder is too narrow. I can hardly zip up the jacket, and my arms can not move smooth with the zipped jacket. However, based on their sizing chart, it shows that the arms length of this A-2 bronco jacket is even longer than the G-1. That means if I purchase a larger size of A-2 jacket, I might be able to have a perfect shoulder, but the arm lengths will be much longer.

Now I want to make a exchange to have a different size of these two jacket from AVI leather. I have several questions. If anyone can help with that will be great and I'll really appriciate it!
  1. I think the sizing of their brand is a little bit weird. I previously bought the jacket from alpha industries, cockpit usa, san diego leather jacket factory, etc. Everytime I will buy the same size (40 or M) and it would perfect suit me. I not sure why the sizing of AVI leather is much different than other brand. Even 44 can not suit me. Does anyone have better ideas?
  2. If I want to have an exchange, what size should I buy? For example, the 44 sizing G-1 jacket have tight chest, long arms, perfect shoulder and back. If I buy the 46 size of G-1, then I might have a perfect chest, shoulder and back can be fine, but the arms will be too long for a jacket. Also If I buy a 46 size of A-2 jacket, I might have a better chest and shoulder, but the arms wIll be too long for me as well. Does anyone have better ideas?
  3. For return or exchange, I'm in USA and I have to mail it back to Denmark. The AVI leather mail these two jacket to me through DHL. I got a free quote from DHL online and it told me I need to pay at least 377 dollars to mail items back to Denmark. It's just too much and I can just buy a new one. Does anyone previously return or exchange the jacket from AVI leather? What kind of mailing did you use?

Thanks again if anyone can share some experiences and ideas. This is my first post in this forum. Hope everyone can have a great Thanksgiving holiday!
I don't see how a person 5'10" and 200 pounds is fitting into a 40 or M! Are you wearing these jackets Milan suit style- very tight with short sleeves? IMO these jackets should be worn loose- it's more accurate really. A modern person is never going to look like a WW2 6' 130 lb. farm boy.

Most repro companies claim to use WW2 patterns which just means they're making the jackets too small for the size label as we understand it. 90% of the time you should get a size or 2 larger. I personally hate the bespoke fitted look for these jackets- I've had some that fit perfectly according to what many people here like- and they drove me nuts- a tad too tight- a tad too short with any movement- nice in photos and on paper.

Smithy

100 % agree.
With B3 and Irvin jackets always go big on fit.

Seconded. Irvins look ghastly fitted, absolutely awful.

In terms of AVI, Brett is spot on. They're patterned from and sized like originals. You need to go on the jackets' measurements and do not go with your standard suit jacket/blazer size.

Like Jeff says, I much prefer a more "relaxed" A-2 fit than that hideous sausage skin rubbish that became popular with Japanese hipsters back in the 00s.

Jtrob

If it took $100 to return and exchange, means I spent more than $450 to buy this jacket. That's quite a money. Previously I checked this forum and saw many people said AVI leather have really good return & exchange policy, but no one mentioned the return shipping fee. I should have post this before I placed an order.

Also, AVI leather sizing chart is weird. It shows the chest size of the jacket itsef by using "armpit to armpit", but not the actual chest round size of the person who wears the jacket. It just caused too much confusion. The size 44 of A-2 jacket has chest armpit to armpit size of 57 cm. If I double the this pit to pit size, it will be 114 cm, which is 6 cm longer than my chest round size (which is 108 cm). I thought it would give enough room for me, but turned out it's not.

Compared to 5 * jacket, the AVI leather really should provide much more clear sizing guide to the customer. In its website, it said you better compare with your own jacket first. However, my own jacket is not the repro of WW2. If I use Cockpit USA jacket to measure the size, it turns out that the chest might be perfect, but the arms and back would be too long, while the shoulder is still narrow. I don't think it's a good idea to compare with my own jacket. Maybe AVI leather should post the model's sizing, just like Bronson mfg, and it will provide much better understanding for customer.
It sounds like you really tried to be diligent with you sizing, it sucks it did not turn out. I really appreciate you sharing your story details, very helpful. I have started diving deeper into bombers after ”casually” loving them, I want to now find a good military spec repro or original if I can and trying to get the right size is confusing to say the least. Actual measurements Are the only way to go, sounds like you did that and still had issues…ugh! I’m trying to avoid trial and error in this process myself, but maybe that’s a bit of what is simply required to get it right!

coolhandluke

As Brettafett mentioned, these are unfortunately just the pitfalls of purchasing from an overseas vendor. I've purchased three Avi jackets (Perry A2, Bronco A2, and G&F M-422A). I sold the two A2's and still have the M-422A, despite the fact that it it one size too small. In my case, I just used all three examples to learn how to properly measure a jacket and how those measurements correlated into a proper fit (for my body type). Yes, I lost money on all three purchases, but gained valuable knowledge in doing so.

Unfortunately, you're just going to have to chalk this particular circumstance up to a learning experience. I would recommend either reselling the jackets here or on eBay and reinvesting the funds into an in-stock Headwind A2 like Brett suggested. IMO, it will be the most accurate entry level jacket that you'll find and it will be from a vendor here in the states. There's no need to purchase a repro G1 as originals can still be easily found, often times at a lesser cost than an Avi.

Another option is to purchase pre-owned jackets from private sellers or sale jackets from manufacturers. This is a great way to obtain a mid-to-high end jacket for not much more than the price of an Avi, Fivestar, or Headwind. I've been able to build a modest collection of examples from Good Wear, Norshor, Greatest Generation (Steve Sellers), Toys McCoy, and Buzz Rickson by purchasing sale jackets or on the secondary market. Typically for 1/4 to 1/3 the price of what the jackets retailed for new.

BTW, pit to pit measurements are a perfectly acceptable and common way of determining chest size. You just double the measurement to find the overall chest circumference. It's much easier than wrapping a measuring tape around a jacket and getting an accurate measurement.

Last edited:

jwamznalx

Welcome to the world of flight jackets. We've all been through this at one point or another. Its par for the course.
Just be glad you didn't order a more expensive high end jacket.
Here in the UK/ EU, we suffer the same issues in reverse, buying from the US. Adding postage and import duties makes it tricky, worse when having to return.

AVI's are copied off originals and then graded, so they're arguably WWII patterns and sizing. These jackets were made for young, lean, trim guys.
Cockpit, US Wings et al are made for modern guys. The sizing and fit is not comparable.

Sizing is VERY subjective, and one really has to work out what works for you.
Unless you can go into a store and try on, it's going to be trial and error. No matter who you order from.

Id have said a 46 would have been a better call for the A-2 and would have recommended the M-422A over the G-1.
The G-1 55J14 is an early G-1 pattern, wide shoulders, narrow waist, only really suits very trim chaps.
The M-422A pattern is a lot more forgiving, this also in a 46.

Im 5'10 40" chest, trim and wear a 42 in both of the above. 42 is comfy for me, with a very light layering.
I had a Cockpit A-2 in a 36!

I know its a bit late, but as you are in the US, I'd consider Headwind's A-2s, Bronco or Arlo (Aeroleather)
Also copied off originals, so check sizing carefully...
Being US-based, easier to deal with and return if necessary.
Thansk for replying. Yes I saw your previous threads and posts. I was thinking you are 5'10'' and 40'' in chest and you wear 42 size of AVI jacket. Then maybe I should wear a one size larger than you, given that I'm nearly 5'11'' and 42.5'' in chest. Turns out the repro jacket didn't share same sizing rule as modern commerial jacket lol.

The G-1 jacket I have from AVI is fine, at least compared to my A-2 bronco. It's narrow in chest when I zipped it up. But like you said, it got wide shoulders and narrow waist. That measn if I exchange a larger size of G-1 which is 46, I might have perfect chest and waist, but the shoulder will be much wider and the arms will looks like much longer. That's probably because of the pattern of G-1 55J14. If I ordered a M-422A instead of size 46 and it give me perfect chest and waist, will it have wider shoulders and longer arms like G-1?

But anyway I will keep this G-1, as I don't want to spend too much on return fee. I think probably I should lose my weight for about 20 or 25 lbs, so I won't feel too tight in my chest and waist level.

jwamznalx

I don't see how a person 5'10" and 200 pounds is fitting into a 40 or M! Are you wearing these jackets Milan suit style- very tight with short sleeves? IMO these jackets should be worn loose- it's more accurate really. A modern person is never going to look like a WW2 6' 130 lb. farm boy.

Most repro companies claim to use WW2 patterns which just means they're making the jackets too small for the size label as we understand it. 90% of the time you should get a size or 2 larger. I personally hate the bespoke fitted look for these jackets- I've had some that fit perfectly according to what many people here like- and they drove me nuts- a tad too tight- a tad too short with any movement- nice in photos and on paper.
I have a alpha industries MA-1 nylon jacket, I'm wearing it at M. I have a Cockpit USA B-3 pearl harbor bomber jacket, and the size of it is 40. Also I have a A-2 flight jacket from san diego leather jacket factory, and the size is 40 and I'm wearing it now. They are modern commercial style.

I can feel some room inside, buy overall it's short style above my waist. Usually I would wear a dress shirt inside and I didn't feel tight at all. But if I wear some kind of sweater inside, I might feel a little bit tight. Size 40 is perfect suit to myself, but others might feel it's a short and small or slim fit jacket. That's the style I like and I emailed to AVI leather and mentioned that I want a perfect and slim fit, I don't want it to be worn loose at all. And then that's what I have now. Too tight.

I think the reason is just like what you said. The body pattern 80 years ago is quite different than what we have now. 6' height withg 130 lb weight, they must have very narrow chest and waist, but longer arms.

Micawber

Get yourself measured by someone who knows how to do it. You will then have a set of dimensions you can provide to the supplier in the future. Apologies if you did this as I have not read all the posts with regards your issue.

ZuZu

I have a alpha industries MA-1 nylon jacket, I'm wearing it at M. I have a Cockpit USA B-3 pearl harbor bomber jacket, and the size of it is 40. Also I have a A-2 flight jacket from san diego leather jacket factory, and the size is 40 and I'm wearing it now. They are modern commercial style.

I can feel some room inside, buy overall it's short style above my waist. Usually I would wear a dress shirt inside and I didn't feel tight at all. But if I wear some kind of sweater inside, I might feel a little bit tight. Size 40 is perfect suit to myself, but others might feel it's a short and small or slim fit jacket. That's the style I like and I emailed to AVI leather and mentioned that I want a perfect and slim fit, I don't want it to be worn loose at all. And then that's what I have now. Too tight.

I think the reason is just like what you said. The body pattern 80 years ago is quite different than what we have now. 6' height withg 130 lb weight, they must have very narrow chest and waist, but longer arms.
I sold this jacket because the fit bugged me- just too close to perfect fit- looked good still but it felt skimpy if I moved. It always felt 1/2 sizr too small- but I think it's the way many people here on the forum like their stuff- and totally within WW2 photographic justification- there are many pictures of guys wearing even smaller jackets...
20230514_105010.jpg

jwamznalx

As Brettafett mentioned, these are unfortunately just the pitfalls of purchasing from an overseas vendor. I've purchased three Avi jackets (Perry A2, Bronco A2, and G&F M-422A). I sold the two A2's and still have the M-422A, despite the fact that it it one size too small. In my case, I just used all three examples to learn how to properly measure a jacket and how those measurements correlated into a proper fit (for my body type). Yes, I lost money on all three purchases, but gained valuable knowledge in doing so.

Unfortunately, you're just going to have to chalk this particular circumstance up to a learning experience. I would recommend either reselling the jackets here or on eBay and reinvesting the funds into an in-stock Headwind A2 like Brett suggested. IMO, it will be the most accurate entry level jacket that you'll find and it will be from a vendor here in the states. There's no need to purchase a repro G1 as originals can still be easily found, often times at a lesser cost than an Avi.

Another option is to purchase pre-owned jackets from private sellers or sale jackets from manufacturers. This is a great way to obtain a mid-to-high end jacket for not much more than the price of an Avi, Fivestar, or Headwind. I've been able to build a modest collection of examples from Good Wear, Norshor, Greatest Generation (Steve Sellers), Toys McCoy, and Buzz Rickson by purchasing sale jackets or on the secondary market. Typically for 1/4 to 1/3 the price of what the jackets retailed for new.

BTW, pit to pit measurements are a perfectly acceptable and common way of determining chest size. You just double the measurement to find the overall chest circumference. It's much easier than wrapping a measuring tape around a jacket and getting an accurate measurement.
I'm going to find a USPS store today and see if I can find a cheap way to return or exchange for it. If it's around $50 it still acceptable to me, otherwise I'm going to find a way to sell it. I'm just a new guy here and have no access to Buy/Sale sub-forum, maybe ebay I'm not sure. I post a link on facebook marketplace and people ask if they can by this jacket for $50 lol.

For the pit to pit, I think you are correct that it's a good way to determine chest size. But I think it's more like the chest size of the jacket itself, but not the chest size of the people who actually wear it. I didn't purchase WW2 repro jacket before and I don't know how much longer the jacket should have comparing with my own chest size. Now I know that and I think probably it should be 8 cm ~10 cm longer than my actually chest size. That is, if my chest size is 108 cm, then the leather jacket I purchased should have chest size of 118 cm, which is pit to pit size of 58 or 59 cm.

jwamznalx

I sold this jacket because the fit bugged me- just too close to perfect fit- looked good still but it felt skimpy if I moved. It always felt 1/2 sizr too small- but I think it's the way many people here on the forum like their stuff- and totally within WW2 photographic justification- there are many pictures of guys wearing even smaller jackets...

View attachment 128081
agree. People like the old picture of WW2 and like the pilots on old picture and their dressing style with flight jacket. But the thing is people nowadays don't have the same body style as the old time, at least for myself. I'm little bit fat, have round belly and larger chest compare with the pilots old time. So now I accepted that I will have a hard time to find my size of repro flight jacket, and I will need sometime to break in.

Acutally I think the picture you showed looks perfect. Perfect on arms, perfect on shoulders,... but I can also tell that the chest part is little bit tight. I think I have similar experience as yours, or even more tight on chest. I'm going to have a larger size.

Brettafett

@jwamznalx you won't have a hard time, you are probably a 46 in most 'relatively' authentic A-2s and USN jackets, for a classic, comfy fit.
But pattern and cut of some particular contracts vary.
You're lucky, I went though a good number of Eastmans over the course of a few years, before I got a handle on my sizing... $$££ ;(

If your G-1 fits, wear it... If it motivates you to lose a bit of weight, then its money well spent!

Persevere, give a Headwind A-2 a try. If it doesn't fit or you don't like it (YOU WILL), you can return it easily.
The measurements on the website are a guide, but should be close. Compare to your AVI.
These are all hand-made, so one should expect a little bit of variation.

One of these A-2s is all you will ever need, you might like it so much you get the other one.
These will last a lifetime, but be warned... Down the line, you may be inspired to upgrade to something very authentic, like a GW.

Important - Get into the habit of taking careful measurements of you flight jackets. Note them down, so you have a reference for the future.
Also note your thoughts on the fit, what you'd change to make it perfect etc..
This is valuable info that will pay you back in the future.

Use these as a guide, but I always measure everything, incl windflap, zipper and waist
IMG_2221.jpgIMG_2222.jpgIMG_2224.jpgIMG_2227.jpgIMG_2228.jpg
sizejacket01.pngth_back_meas.jpgth_front_meas.jpgth_sleeve_meas.jpg

jwamznalx

@jwamznalx you won't have a hard time, you are probably a 46 in most 'relatively' authentic A-2s and USN jackets, for a classic, comfy fit.
But pattern and cut of some particular contracts vary.
You're lucky, I went though a good number of Eastmans over the course of a few years, before I got a handle on my sizing... $$££ ;(

If your G-1 fits, wear it... If it motivates you to lose a bit of weight, then its money well spent!

Persevere, give a Headwind A-2 a try. If it doesn't fit or you don't like it (YOU WILL), you can return it easily.
The measurements on the website are a guide, but should be close. Compare to your AVI.
These are all hand-made, so one should expect a little bit of variation.

One of these A-2s is all you will ever need, you might like it so much you get the other one.
These will last a lifetime, but be warned... Down the line, you may be inspired to upgrade to something very authentic, like a GW.

Important - Get into the habit of taking careful measurements of you flight jackets. Note them down, so you have a reference for the future.
Also note your thoughts on the fit, what you'd change to make it perfect etc..
This is valuable info that will pay you back in the future.

Use these as a guide, but I always measure everything, incl windflap, zipper and waist
View attachment 128095View attachment 128097View attachment 128099View attachment 128101View attachment 128103
View attachment 128105View attachment 128107View attachment 128109View attachment 128111
Thanks for your suggestions. I think probably I will go to portland to this Headwind factory in person and try their jacket, 3 hours driving.

Also have question that, for these leather jacket, when we talk about "break in", dose it mean even we have a suiting perfect jacket we still need to wear it often so that it can be soft, or mean that we can never have a suiting perfect jacket but we need to wear it until we get used to it?

And for the AVI leather jacket, I previous found one of your post, and found that the color of your bronco A-2 russet jacket is different than what I have now. It looks like yours are more colorful and bright (seem like there a layer of wax and oil on it), but mine is kind of plain.

https://www.vintageleatherjackets.org/threads/avi-lthr-bronco-a-2-jacket-review-pics.20936/ I think yours have a better color. Is it different version?