• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

another private purchase?

USMC_GAU-21

well at least he is an honest eBay seller. Instead of telling us this jacket is the next thing since sliced bread..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roughwear

This one is most likely most war with the side entry pockets and inside pocket. The insignia has been crudely attached. :roll:

johnwayne

Looks a bit 'Avirex like' to me? Poss even some padding behind the lining?
Interesting to see what it goes for!!

Cheers
Wayne

RCSignals

I does look a little padded . The hand warmers are well done, at least they aren't too obvious.
The jacket has inside facings too.
It looks like it has been dusted down with fullers earth or something.

Willy McCoy

Roughwear said:
This one is most likely most war with the side entry pockets and inside pocket. The insignia has been crudely attached. :roll:

What does that first sentence state?

The collar stand is a feature that I haven't seen on any jacket past the early 1940s. Looks like a civilian jacket that has had the patches added at some point in time.

Roughwear

Willy McCoy said:
Roughwear said:

What does that first sentence state?

The collar stand is a feature that I haven't seen on any jacket past the early 1940s. Looks like a civilian jacket that has had the patches added at some point in time.

Simply a typo- post not most!

zoomer

Willy McCoy said:
The collar stand is a feature that I haven't seen on any jacket past the early 1940s.
It looks like an early repro (80s era) stand. WW2 era stands were never so tall - just a thin band of leather.