Also China

Discussion in 'Reproduction manufacturers' started by Thomas Koehle, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Thomas Koehle

Thomas Koehle Well-Known Member

whilst browsing on a Chinese marketplace similar to Ebay I came across this:

[​IMG]

well known face with well known jackets ...

will share the link to this page on request

but even with the link I think there is not a realistic chance to get people prosecuted for stealing images

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  2. nkang

nkang Active Member

Probably not. I doubt this is the only seller stealing images from well-known manufacturers. Having just received a fake Buzz Rickson that's highly likely made by a Chinese manufacturer, I must say that it's great they're interested in military repros, but it's despicable to fake other brands or to steal others' properties.

Side note specifically for Thomas since I guess you're German: The seller is from Tsingtao, the beer town in China that was occupied and highly influenced by Prussia.

3. Thomas Koehle

Thx for the hint!

Been working in China for almost 7 years and visited Taingtao a couple of times for the „beer fest“ was always funny to be there

Well back then fakes of all kind have been sold „en masse“ in the big fake markets in BJ but since Chinese government decided for more „business-worthy“ all markets except 1 have been shut down as far as my previous workmates tell me

nkang likes this.
  4. nkang

nkang Active Member

That's truly impressive Thomas! I bet you know more about China than I do! I've been out of China for 8 years now and feel completely detached from the contemporary culture there.

5. CBI

CBI Well-Known Member

this is why the GW waiting period is so long. He has been subcontracted by a Chinese company!!!!!!! :)

dmar836 and nkang like this.
  6. ausreenactor

ausreenactor Well-Known Member

At The Front have stated for years that the quality is higher and the prices come drop when their WWII stuff is made in China!! ;)

7. nkang

nkang Active Member

I can totally testify to this ;) Got an ATF shawl collar jacket, felt the high-end quality of Chinese denim, and returned for a refund...

8. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

No good! Thx Thomas for the info.

9. Ole

Ole Banned

will you please share photos of that?

10. colekwok

colekwok Active Member

According to Jack Ma, the CEO of TaoBao/Alibaba of China, their 'fake' products have better qualities than the originals :p

Taken from DailyMail UK here....

Pilot likes this.
  11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

IMHO, living and experiencing Asia since 1989.. Buying cheap Asian products always hits you back...
    When you receive it.,, or at least when you are trying to resell it , when you notice its not as they sold it to you....or not the product they advertised....or when you expect service... etc...
    “ you only get, what you pay for...and no meal for free anymore in this world”....etc... all real sayings...verified here and elsewhere....sorry if you still believe in Santa-Claus and Easter Bunny..!
    Agreed... a few exceptions here and there..but to my expectetions,...none..
    Living in Korea / Japan for almost 30 years... told me one major thing above all others.( money wise)..
    ...Nobody wants to make a loss or loosing ( working for free..) .. you pay value ...you get value.....You pay small...you get a big grin....thats at the best ...you can expect...a grin..
    Buy low...get low or worse...
    A good firm relying on reputation will never ever let youdown for a few hundreds of dollars..A crappy co..,even for more or less..l
    .”Buy cheap..get cheap...”

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    dmar836 and Thomas Koehle like this.
  12. Thomas Koehle

I‘m fully with PILOT!

Even in China you don‘t get anything for free ...

On the other hand side be assured a lot of international brands produce their stuff in China - put their own labels in and claim it as „Made elsewhere“!

In Germany is a strict regulation how much of „added value“ needs to be part of a product to claim it as „Made in Germany“ - think this is with most countries????

So as a manufacturer just stay below the break-even and let the rest be done in Asia.

Anyway - in 7 years China working in the automotive industry searching for potential suppliers I saw quiet a lot - enough to have an idea of what is going on.

There where „BUZZ RICKSON“ USN watchcaps for sale for 6 bucks a couple of years back - no one will do fakes for such a lowprice item for making profit ...

There is other examples which I saw with my own eyes.

Anyway - bottom line is what Brice pointed out even though i‘m still convinced there is exceptions and so far I have always be positive with about 85% of my China-hauls

Pilot likes this.
  13. Spitfireace

Spitfireace Active Member

China is taking over.... I know they are here in Vancouver. Lots of real estate has been bought up by "chinese money launderers" and we are only realizing the extent of it now. That is a whole other topic though.

Pilot likes this.
  14. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Same for most of the EU and other countries.

Thomas Koehle likes this.