• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AAF Wing & Star

lightning38

Who can paint the Wing and Star with Army Air Force printed out underneath it so it looks exactly like the Wing & Star Decal with feathering on the wings and etc, on a Horsehide A-2 flight jacket sleeve?

CBI

I assume you are kidding about Jerome! he has been the subject here many times in regards NOT doing work, holding on to customer jackets forever (literally years).

Vcruiser

Yep..but dammit..Jerome was good.
He painted just what lightning38 is looking for on one of my repro A2s and did a most superb job.
To bad he let it all slide down the tubes..... :(
Van

a2jacketpatches

Yes I agree, Josh is the man now and just as good if not better. He's got the 40's look without being too perfect. Helluva guy as well.

lightning38

Dan McQuality used to offer a painted wing and star and printed AAF on his web site but now it's just a wing and star with no feathering on the wings and no printed AAF. I see it looks like Josh does it but then he's in Germany isn't he?
He was going to paint the wing and star with AAF printed underneath on my A-2 jacket over a year ago until he found out it was goatskin which doesn't have a flat surface. Now I have a horsehide coming in March and he doesn't offer the wing and star and AAF like he did before and I was really looking forward to him painting it on my new A-2.

Thanks Guys