• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A2, pin up on life jackets and hight school denim

dujardin

thankssssssssssss

really like this vintage fashion; completely my style - jeans - tshirt - look 50's

yes completely my style, just miss the hair style :lol:

byeeeee marcel

Cobblers161

Outstanding shots!

Love the Levis, the only issue I have is the kids are about 15 maybe 16 years old and i'm a 42 year old attempting to dress like them! Kinda wierd.

Many thanks for those, absolutely superb and informative vintage denim pics. You gotta love Life, such a vast archive of excellent photography thank goodness they had the foresight to document to such an extent.

Atticus

Those school kids didn't kow they were wearing their jeans to be fashionable. They probably thought they were wearing jeans because they were poor.

AF

Vcruiser

I remember my father taking me to Hills Dept store in Marion,Ind. Levis denim sale..2pr for $5 (circa late '50s)....
Van

Swing

Look at those silly kids, they've washed their jeans. Don't they know that if they want their jeans to look all vintage like, they're not supposed to wash them until they reek of BO and can get up and walk on their own?! :lol:

~Swing

Milu

Swing said:
Look at those silly kids, they've washed their jeans. Don't they know that if they want their jeans to look all vintage like, they're not supposed to wash them until they reek of BO and can get up and walk on their own?! :lol:

~Swing

Pure ignorance ;) I bet their A2s are really baggy too! ;)

capt71

Ok, time to date myself!!
Ah, I remember those days--the peach pomade and butch-wax in the hair, the leather shoes/white socks (white socks were definitely in back then), the jean legs rolled up..... BTW, it was very very very uncool (at least where I was) to wear a pair of brand new, stiff, perfectly blue, right-off-the-shelf jeans outside (and definitely not to school)! We would wash them (had Mom do it, of course) several times, then take them outside and literally kick them around in the dirt and grass to "break them in" before even daring to wear them in public for the first time! When they finally faded out somewhat (and got rips in the knees or pockets), that was even cooler. No $200.00 "stone-washed", artificially faded with tailored rips, designer jeans then!!
Oh my god, I'm still wearing jeans (and a couple even have holes in the pockets!) :cool: :lol:
Bill

Willy McCoy

710fa82186b9d0cf_landing.jpg

56270a294b80640d_landing.jpg

4ff2e52789e58304_landing.jpg

Looks like the last day of school !!!