• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Tad Expensive...

a2jacketpatches

Wow, he's kind of a defensive DICK right off the bat. Jacket looks good to me but ya better just trust him on everything before he tears ya a new one, don't question Mr. Experience

ADC

Why does he have to say the knits are in great shape when obviously they look a bit ratty? He is not selling the jacket for condition so might as well call a spade a spade. Would be nice too if he could be more upfront with his provenance.

ButteMT61

If it belonged to Ike before he got the other stars I'd still not buy it from an asshat like him.
That is the most arrogant post I've ever read - and that's saying something...

PADDY_M

Well with his attitude he has just 'limited' the number of people who will be prepared to buy this item, which is a shame, but his democratic choice.

pawine

What I don't understand is that even if he doesn't want to open debate about the pedigree, how could he not include it in the purchase price of this jacket? It has no value to him once he sells the jacket, and he can then hold the pedigree "hostage" and demand another ridiculous amount of $ for it. At least include it in the purchase even if he doesn't want to show it on eBay.

foster

Or, maybe some scraps of leather were added to the epaulettes to add a little texture to help grip the chute harness on the shoulder?
A 2-star General's A-2 coming from the estate of an enlisted top turret gunner? :?

Monsoon

foster said:
A 2-star General's A-2 coming from the estate of an enlisted top turret gunner? :?

Well, you know what sort of thieving bastards enlisted guys are. ;)

Yeah, the dude is full of himself and that jacket. And for someone that has written books, his spelling and grammar suck.

Roughwear

Wow! This seller has more issues than the jacket. Without provenance its just a $750 Perry A2. I would love to know which books the seller has written, especially if they are as amusing as his advert!

a2jacketpatches

I had the nerve to question why he wasn't willing to offer his "pedigree" when he was so willing to mention it as if it was rock solid evidence. He continued to insult me as if I was a patch faker and not reproducer, insult me in many ways, and even started calling me names. Now, it seems he's offering nothing.