• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-2 just died--suggestions for a replacement $200 or less?

Diamondback

Y'all, thought I'd ask the community for advice. My daily-wear repro (a cheap Sears) just died, and my available replacement budget is $200 (not including shipping)--can anyone suggest options for the "budget repro" market in about the 44-46 short/portly size range?

Thanks in advance!

----------------
Now playing: James Horner - All Systems Go - The Launch
via FoxyTunes

atkins

Diamondback
I hope this might help:
http://www.leather.com/aviation/a2.htm
$195 ( +$20 for long sizes )

a2_airforce_bomber_leather_jacket_216.jpg

I'd order one if it have collar stand.

Atkins

jack aranda

Hello, Diamondback:
ebay is loaded with A-2's made by Cooper, Schott, L.L. Bean, and others, many of them well under your $200 price cap. There are offerings from higher-end makers, as well. If you're patient and keep your eyes peeled you should have no trouble finding a decent replacement for your Sears jacket.

Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

Post your wants on the buy and sell forum ,most of the guys have something they can let go and you will probably end up with something better .

Jeff

Jason

Yes, I'd go for a second hand Saddlery branded Cooper (average price around $150, less than $100 if you can wait), or if you're very patient you might find a pre-loved Flight Suits or a Bradley Associates A-2 around the $200 mark.

shedonwanna

Jason said:
Yes, I'd go for a second hand Saddlery branded Cooper (average price around $150, less than $100 if you can wait), or if you're very patient you might find a pre-loved Flight Suits or a Bradley Associates A-2 around the $200 mark.

I liked the Bradley jackets for the price and always referred our 388th veterans to Bradley for inexpensive jackets. I often purchased and patched an extra to take to reunions as an example and they usually sold before the reuinon was over. The veterans enjoyed calling Bradley and talking to him... Does anyone know who made the jackets for Bradley? Are they being offered under a different label now that Bradley has passed?

david

Diamondback

Thank you, everybody--WatchmanJimG and I have been exchanging PM's about his surplus G&B, and the San Diego Leather one has a unique appeal with its inside pockets. (I'm a licensed concealed-weapons carrier, and the gun-pocket would be like a built-in holster if I understand it correctly.)

Personally, for stylistic cues I lean toward the look of MacArthur's, even though his build and mine are polar-opposites.

eBay is a non-option, as I don't deal with them or their preferred payment-mechanism PayPal due to personal conflicts.

Now to start nosing around Buy/Sell/Trade, gathering data and weighing my options... pics once I reach a decision and complete acquisition.