• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-2 jacket, embarrassing question...

redsox78

Embarrassing in terms of pehaps being a bit stupid! :oops:

Anyway, just got an Eastman A-2 (house) from a fashion store, so it was a bit of a bargain (a special edition made for Heritage Research, in effect a house A-2 but a bit longer in steer-hide).

Anyway, the collar studs are pretty uneven, in that the one on the left (right when looking at the jacket) is lower than the other by about the size of a stud (maybe another half on top). Should I be bothered...or do I have OCD? :roll:

Oh, and does the HWT work on steer?

Cheers!

zoomer

Yes, you have OCD. (So do I. No sweat. ;) )
Keep the collar snapped unless you're popping it up. No biggie.

better duck

redsox78 said:
or do I have OCD? :roll: Oh, and does the HWT work on steer?

"Yes" to both questions. To elaborate on the first one: welcome to "The Fools Paradise" (once a P-51 with that name) :D , on the second: yes of course, why wouldn't it: don't spare it, just wet it and wear it!

redsox78

better duck said:
redsox78 said:
or do I have OCD? :roll: Oh, and does the HWT work on steer?

"Yes" to both questions. To elaborate on the first one: welcome to "The Fools Paradise" (once a P-51 with that name) :D , on the second: yes of course, why wouldn't it: don't spare it, just wet it and wear it!

Thanks folks! I'm over the OCD in this case ;) I only anyway because the collar is very flat without a collar stand so I was creasing it a bit to make it a bit 'rounder' and then spotted it. I'm VERY pleased with the jacket overall.

I think I'm going to go for you advice from other posts insofar as rather than force ageing just wear it at every opportunity and see what happens. Having had an older horse 27752 in the past, what I like about the steer is that it is nice and grainy already.

Anyway, maybe I should post some pics as whilst it is obviously not of interest to anyone after an accurate replica is it is quite interesting. As I said it was made for Heritage Research (under the standard Eastman label there is an extra "Handmade in England for Heritage Research" label), in a limited edition of 50 (this is number 12, stamped on the inside). The size is a 42" extra long, and the length is good for everyday wear (and, of course trendies with low ish jeans!). Love the fit!

Two interesting tidbits. It was supposed to come with the air force gloves and the cotton drab airman's bag. I didn't want em so got the jacket on it's own for £300. This was a pretty good deal given that the RRP was...deep breath...£899!!! :shock: No, I'm not joking!

Also, it comes with an embroidered squadron patch of the 703rd Bomb Sq which I might pop on the forum for sale if anyone is interested? No idea what they are worth, but it might be of interest to someone.