• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

9th AF crew photos

CBI

yes, I would argue that the Tanker was there best flight jacket of WW2!!!!!! Seemed to make the most practical sense and looks awesome when worn!!!!!

Grant

Three of my favorite things in this Kodachrome: cool boots, A-2's and the Flying Prostitute.

B26.jpg

MikeyB-17

The Marauder was a lovely looking aircraft. Are those Mosquito boots or something private purchase? Still no rust knitted B-10’s! :D

Grant

We call them pecos boots here in the states. I’ve got a pair of old RedWing pecos, not as badass looking as those.

Grant

Here's one for invasion stripe Sunday! 9th AF fighter bomber boys along with an Infantry officer at a rough air strip near St Mere Eglise on June 5, 1944.
By the end of August all 18 of the 9th AF's fighter bomber and four of it's medium bomber groups were based on the continent. #jabo

stripr.jpg

stanier

Love the scarves, ( plus the photo(s))
Any idea where to find these scarves ?

I think they’re quite easy to find. I’ve got a repro one with red, white and blue tassels and 8th AF embroidery. I’m not sure how authentic but looks mighty cool!

Cheers

Chris

Grant

A buddy of mine picked up an AAF white silk scarf at a NYC flea market years ago. I've yet to find an original so wear a remnant of a WWII white Army/Navy parachute.

Pilot

A buddy of mine picked up an AAF white silk scarf at a NYC flea market years ago. I've yet to find an original so wear a remnant of a WWII white Army/Navy parachute.
Saw these para stuff as well on militaria shows...but no fringes on it...I love the ones with fringes...