• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

90th Bomb Group Special Collection Photo

Rutger

The 1st pic in the OP shows metal rank on the A2, was that seldom used, and how were they attached to the jacket?
Where these taken from flight caps and pinned through the epaulettes?

Chandler

Rutger said:
The 1st pic in the OP shows metal rank on the A2, was that seldom used, and how were they attached to the jacket?
Where these taken from flight caps and pinned through the epaulettes?

Metal rank badges were standard on officer and dress uniforms. Used on shirt collar and coat shoulders, though not often on flight jackets.

Pretty sure they were straight-pin badges with separate clasp backs, probably pretty difficult to push through a leather epaulette then attach inside, but it was done.

You can sort of see the clasps on the U.S. generals' ranks on this page: http://www.ebay.com/bhp/general-badge

Andrew

Love the personal style of many in the 90th. Thx for this link.

That jacket sold last year, there was a point I was going to buy it from the previous owner but it never eventuated. Great patches on the front but I was unsure about the back flag, don't know my 90th history enough to know I they were in the CBI.

EMBLEMHUNTER

Gotta love them jackets/patches !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The man in the second photo down ,has an early "Gaggle" unit patch , it has the 90th Group centered and then the four squadron insignias around the border , very cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Surfer

i always wondered what "asterperious" meant. ya see, years ago i knew a gal that had a high end leather work [walls, custom furniture, etc] store, and it was named asterperious. i asked her about it, and she did the coy hem and haw.

dujardin

i try 2 traduction on the net, one on Google translation and one on Bing

bad results.....

what do you mean with :''she did the coy hem and haw'' ????