• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

20 y/o Australia repro A2

As a keen Hot rodder and custom car guy, I took myself the the ALL AMERICAN DAY car show at Castle Hill in Western Sydney today. With over 600 US cars on show (we love or US cars) there was a little ww2 Display of Jeeps and bits and pieces. In the back of one of the Jeeps I spotted a fairly well used A2 jacket and I asked the owner if I could have a look.
At first I thought Id spotted an original but as he picked it up I could tell it was a copy, but an interesting one never the less. It turns out that he and his friend apparently sent an original to a jacket maker in Sydney somewhere over 20 years ago and had him copy it and made two.
Although incorrect in many ways, it had quite alot of character and worthy of a post.

Image0759.jpg

Image0760.jpg

Image0761.jpg

bfrench

Administrator
oldskoolonly said:
As a keen Hot rodder and custom car guy, I took myself the the ALL AMERICAN DAY car show at Castle Hill in Western Sydney today. With over 600 US cars on show (we love or US cars) there was a little ww2 Display of Jeeps and bits and pieces. In the back of one of the Jeeps I spotted a fairly well used A2 jacket and I asked the owner if I could have a look.
At first I thought Id spotted an original but as he picked it up I could tell it was a copy, but an interesting one never the less. It turns out that he and his friend apparently sent an original to a jacket maker in Sydney somewhere over 20 years ago and had him copy it and made two.
Although incorrect in many ways, it had quite alot of character and worthy of a post.

Thanks, OS,

It's always nice to see what the rest of the world id doing in their spare time - it just goes to show that jacket geekdom is now a worldwide affliction :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers,
Bill French