• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

12th BG A-2 Grouping

Stony

Relisted with a BIN of $3.8k. Does anyone know what the high bid was on the first auction?

TankBuster

I was kind of surprised by this one. I thought it was a $3000-$3200 group pretty easy. Selling on eBay in the summer however can always be hit and miss. I've managed to nab a couple nice deals over the last month.

TankBuster

Looks like someone pulled the trigger on this group. I hope they made the seller a offer and got it for a little less than the $3,800 buy it now.

Batmobile66

All of the rest of the documentation in the grouping matches the time line and movements of the 12th BG. The 12BG blue book is also correct written in 1947 detailing the groups history. It is interesting the signature in the front of that book. Goodrich....... Col Goodrich was one of the original Col of the 12th, shot down and taken POW. This was before they outfitted the B-25's with the hardware to arrest the exhaust flames which made them easy targets for the German 88's in North Africa.

Stony

The 12th BG was originally station at McChord Field in WA state which is close to where I live. I met the son of the Earthquakers admin officer and got some of his stuff many years ago. The one piece I didn't get was the painted squadron sign his dad stole from outside the HQ building before they shipped out to N. Africa. I know where it is and I should try and take a shot at getting it.

The museum at McChord ABF has a couple of killer A-2s from when they were in the CBI. I'll try and get over there soon and get some pictures.

Batmobile66

I was just at McChord Field last year for the last reunion for the 12BG. The reunion was for the 81st, 8nd, and 83rd. The 434th does their own reunion for some reason. The museum at McChord, like you said has some INCREDIBLE examples of A2s from the 12th. I also have pictures, but not on this machine. They also have the large round sign from the 81st that looked to be perhaps from the war. My Grandfather was in the 81st and I have maintained friendships with a lot of the members of these groups since he passed away back in the mid 90's. Two of the remaining members just passed away in the last 3 months, a pilot from the 83rd that was at the reunion, and a radio man from the 81st. Very few of the Greatest Generation guys left.