• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zipper Replacement

tom james

Anyone know where I can find a replacement zipper for my 1939 GW Werber? I've had this jacket less than a year - has anyone had experience with this (Waldes) zipper & what one should expect as to longevity? I've tried to contact John by phone & e-mail for the last two weeks, but I've had no response. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tom james

It started out as just some fuzz above the pin keeper, first noticed two months after receiving the jacket. Now, the zipper tape has seperated/torn a little and a tooth has dropped. I didn't know if the keeper could be moved up or not.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Okay, it needs John's help ... he'll probably read this, or try a PM to buzzthetower.

Silver Surfer

i would expect that the zipper in your jac is flawed, and that john will repair or replace it. if all else fails, us stores [yup, an ebay seller] has a nice repro "hookless" zipper that they sell for about $85. dont bother with their talon zippers. i had one installed on my newer elc b-3 red skin. i removed the "hookless" puller, and installed a pre war talon puller. point being, the zipper is strong enough for b-3 use.