• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zipper date question

I went into a local Goodwill Store tonight and found a G-1 without a label. It was really wrinkled up and the buttons missing from the pockets, but the leather was in pretty decent shape and my size. So for a whopping $4.00 I bought it.

It has a Scovil zipper on it, does that help put an approximate date on it?

Thanks fedoralover

Sorry, forgot to mention that. It's black Mouton. Also forgot to mention that the zip has the paper clip style pull tab.

fedoralover

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Can you tell if it's goat, or cow, Fedora?

And check the mouton again, burrow in if you need to ... the black collars are likely to be dynel.

It's goat for sure, but now I'm doubting the the collar is mouton. But the fibers are so small and soft it has me faked out. What's the sure fire way to tell?
It has USN punched on the stormflap so I'm pretty sure it's not a civie issue.

fedoralover

With my wife's better eyes looking at it in direct sunlight I could make out some thread holes. They really did a decent job imitating Mouton. So it's undoubtedly from the 70s then.
I'm still cleaning it up, but it is a decent jacket. Thanks for everyones' advice.

Nothing great about this jacket other than just paying $4.00 for it.
G1002.jpg

G1001.jpg

fedoralover