• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zip choices on Goodwear jackets

bobbyball

Hi everyone,

I have been spending a lot of time on the Goodwear site as I still plan to order a jacket one day directly from John. I have had a few jackets bought through ebay and other sources and currently have the RW27752 and a Doniger. All of these have had original NOS zips.

One question I have is, in the experience of others, does John offer both the Hookless and Waldes zip on the werber jackets? I have read his info and seen pics of the Waldes zip which I know were a contemporary manufacturer but is it true that Eastman have the copyright on the Hookless brand? Their site implies they have reproduced it but I would be surprised if they do because Buzz Rickson offer this repro zip on their Werber B2. I know Eastman are their official distributor in Europe but do they own the supply/manufacturing rights?

I have also seen Hookless on a number of other Japanese vintage repro sites who are not connected with Eastman in any way. Perhaps they are made by Sugarcane and Eastman simply import them.

Roughwear

I believe he only offers the Waldes Zip on the 39 Werber these days. Bob, you could always email him.