• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zip busted on A2 .What to do ?

simmo

Have an Aero A2 and somehow the talon stopper part of the zip(dont know the technical name for it) that stops the puller part of the zip from coming off has fallen off. Can i re attach it by pinching it with some pliers or will this just do more damage.Doesn't seem to be alot of material to attach it to really so bit stuck on what to do. :(

Picture004.jpg

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
It's called the box ... yes, I'd try closing it with pliers, that should be all it takes.

Roughwear

From experience I have found once there is an issue with a zipper it often requires either the whole zip or one side being replaced. In this case replacing the male side maybe the only lasting solution. You can buy NOS Talon zips from Mash Japan.

simmo

Crap.This sounds like its going to be expensive.Then i've got to find someone who i trust to replace the zip.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Open the box with a screwdriver so you can slide it back on, a touch of Platon's super glue, then crimp together.

.... you have nothing to lose. ;)

simmo

Had nothing to lose as you say but hasn't worked as the side of the box split off.Didn't think it would work as there just doesn't seem enough material to attach it to.Love my Aero A2 but not overly impressed seeing as the zip hasn't had much use really.

Peter Graham

simmo said:
Love my Aero A2 but not overly impressed seeing as the zip hasn't had much use really.
Complain and ask to have it replaced. An Aero A-2 is not exactly a cheap jacket after all.