• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Youtube video - why older men shouldn't wear leather jackets!

lol you guys..........

I have friends from the Army and Navy as well, the usual rivalries aside, the one thing they could agree on was their opinion of the RAAF, one of the most memorable quote was "they try to out-British the British", my apologies to our British friend here :)
Haha well I think your friends have summed it up in a nutshell......
Though I must admit I bagged a pair of RAAF issued black leather Terra's.....they feel like top quality leather and don't have the drainage holes......pity that such great boots were only used to go from barracks to the mess/officers club for the Santa Squadron

Centaurus3200

That's what I'm talkin' about! If you wanna rock good leather, you gotta OWN IT!

Those kids in the video simply don't get it.

i'm 57, i just started a new position as GM of a company and i f...in' wear leather or whatever i want where- and whenever i want without listening to some stupid youngsters (ok - sometimes i listen to the "missus" but noone else and she ain't a youngster anyway ...)

0qNbQQP.jpg

Flightengineer

i'm 57, i just started a new position as GM of a company and i f...in' wear leather or whatever i want where- and whenever i want without listening to some stupid youngsters (ok - sometimes i listen to the "missus" but noone else and she ain't a youngster anyway ...)

0qNbQQP.jpg

Hi Thomas, glad to see you again my friend, glad that your new project is going according to your plan and that you are OK and have new good job, which cannot be said about many of us at this crazy times.
Great jacket by the way.

As for this thread, in my life I have always worn only what I like - whether it be my flight uniform, jeans, suits or leather jackets. The only exception was the military uniform in the war, where I took part in my youth and no one was interested in my opinion and desire.

Life is short to look back on various idiots with their advice.

Last edited:

Kermit3D

Above all, it is important to keep one thing in mind:
Many youtubers (of course not all) have the sole aim of getting as many views as possible.

The relevance of their words is secondary.

The goal is to provoke reactions. They then have more views
... and it works well! ;)

In general, young people have always found old people out of date ... And old people have always found young people to be idiots. Nothing new.
At 37 I think I have the best of both worlds ! ... or the worst ! :D

colekwok

Talking about the old people vs young people, there is currently a war between generations right now because of COVID. But like some of you have mentioned already, these young people will have their turn, eventually, when they grow old. What goes around comes around, that's the fact.

B-Man2

Talking about the old people vs young people, there is currently a war between generations right now because of COVID. But like some of you have mentioned already, these young people will have their turn, eventually, when they grow old. What goes around comes around, that's the fact.
The problem is that we won’t be here to see it happen. :D

elfraty

She will grow old and he will grow old. Hope they don't look like sh.t by that time. This week I will turn 56 and I do not give a r.ts ass about their judgmental "advice". I went through all the pictures(460 pages) in what jacket are you wearing today and what I saw were distinguished proud men of age, looking sharp and smart!

Neff90

They look more solid for sure! But it's only visible to people who look at that man... Do they know what is going on inside him? I don't think so. And it's the biggest problem of our time. I would say our epoch is an epoch of Instagram and Facebook. I post a photo, and people think: 'Wow, he does look so solid, he must be very successful in life...' But when coming to truth, he just hides his shortcomings under the gorgeous cover. I think solving quizzes might be helpful in such situations. The last one I passed was this one quizlagoon.com at this source. And the results have really surprised me!

Last edited:

bn1966

Wear what thou wants, around where I live a lot of the older and younger generations wear the same clothes anyway..namely cheap sportswear but don’t do any sport..don’t see many leather jackets especially on the young..Sportwear and spray on leggings on the girls.

As long as you aren’t cosplaying leather jackets are cool on us distinguished Gents especially when getting off of my scooter

E946E062-9795-41D7-98F5-AD7D2CF434C9.jpeg

Bremspropeller

I think part of wearing clothes is actually filling them out. The middle-aged guy looking ridiculous in a leather jacket will also look ridiculous in a tux or good suit.
It's a self-confidence thing that lots of dudes in their mid-life-crisis years just don't have and try to gloss over with a cool jacket, a cool car or other fancy stuff.

Not giving a rodent's bum about fashion and and "doing you" in style is a good way of looking good in a jacket, no matter at which age.

Last edited:

bn1966

I think part of wearing clothes is actually filling them out. The middle-aged guy looking ridiculous in a leather jacket will also look ridiculous in a tux or good suit.
It's a self-confidence thing that lots of dudes in their mid-life-crisis years just don't have and try to gloss over with a cool jacket, a cool car or other fancy stuff.

Not giving a rodent's bum about fashion and and "doing you" in style is a good way of looking good in a jacket, no matter at which age.

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head here...confidence! ‘Doing you’ within reason should make most things look good on (with obvious exceptions)..been trying to gloss over my life with some good duds & car since I first started shaving :)