• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Youtube video - why older men shouldn't wear leather jackets!

Clark J

Just a thought you know to tell you truth I rarely see any guy over 35 maybe 40 even wear leather jackets of any style , outside of the cops ‍♀️

Smithy

Once again, who cares?

Who cares what some snot nosed, barely out of school kid thinks about stuff?

If you truly are affronted and feel aggrieved by something some brat on Youtube thinks, I think it's well beyond time to stop giving a shit. There's enough "real" shit in our lives to worry and get worked up about in life than some spotty, twenty-spmething's rantings on the interwebs.

Nnatalie

Wear clothing you like and that fits you, I say! If a middle-aged or older guy comes across as trying too had to look young, it’s probably more because of his attitude (inflated ego, or acting desperate) than his clothing. Same goes for women.

I do wonder if the “stylist” purposely made a controversial video for the sake of getting more interaction with it, and therefore more viewers and more advertising money.

Edward

49BA700E-0859-4D31-9E12-3BAABA3DEA8D.jpeg

Micawber

Pax gentlemen! Let not these young personages rattle your cages for they too will grow old and be replaced by a younger generation of clueless nincompoops who mistakenly think they have the answer to everything.

No, face the world in whatever clothing is comfortable and makes you feel good and the way you want to present yourself to the world.

I have expensive suits, I have expensive casual clothes, I have cheap clothes - so what. Horses for courses, I live in the British countryside and take part in country pursuits some of which mean I wear tweed that would not have looked out of place 100 years ago. I enjoy it but I wouldn't wear it if I were attending a black tie event just the same as I wouldn't wear an A-2 while out in pursuit of feathered game in the company of similarly clad chaps on a formal driven pheasant day. Horses for courses.

saucerfiend

Tim
I couldn’t disagree with you more . As an old person I feel that I am more fashion conscious at this point of my life, than I was in my younger days of blue jeans and t shirts . As a matter of fact, I strive to make a fashion statement anytime I go out with my wife to a restaurant or a social function. I hope this leaves no doubt in your mind that being old does not diminish ones sense of fashion. ;) View attachment 44918
Burt, if you actually own that get-up, someone ought to shoot you!

Silver Surfer

as I wrote in another threat [right stuff remake], maybe that guy should audition for the lead role. in a remake of "Spartacus". hmmmm....naw, not the lead role, maybe the Tony Curtis role.

B-Man2

I wonder what Ralph Lauren would think about this video? I have a feeling that those two little shits’ You Tube fashionista careers would plummet faster than
the stock market in 1929. :)

Last edited:

Brent

What a bunch of old farts we have become to ever care about this sort of thing. We have compassion, knowledge, years of research behind us, and so on and so on. We are the authority on the leather jackets to wear regardless of age, race, or political beliefs.

I endorse this message and ask for your support. Vote soon and often. ;)

Regards,

Nickb123

Someone called me an "old timer" this morning. Asked if I still listened to oldies. I told him it was 1966 in my car. Made my day.

Mind you, like the curse of so many millennials (I was born in 1990), I'm stuck living at home with the dad. Because I spent my early twenties in a haze. No sense of direction. That, however, is on me alone. My fumble to deal with; it was however, the course of life. I know this sounds "soft", but I was a wreck in high school and beyond. I believe I went to college for two weeks my first go-around. I wasn't interested in partying or "chasing tail"...I, in fact, couldn't get it! My idea of fun was drinking alone, chain-smoking, and invading the grandma's pharmaceutical candystore to the point of waking up in the hospital several times. I'm definitely not going to move out in order to increase prospects of landing tail...I'd rather enjoy the time left I have with family. The same family I put through hell.

He technically lives "at home" too, so must run in the family. I do help out. The grandparents are both in their eighties and live nextdoor (very Croatian!). So, I feel a bit less critical of myself knowing I do as much for them as possible.

He gave me a place to live with the promise I complete school (which will happen in the Spring) and I'm grateful for it. I don't like talking about it because I'm actually pretty ashamed of it. Hopefully I'll be teaching full time in the next two years (showing kids an easier route than mine through hard work, early) but will probably opt to live at home then too. I like it. There's a garage with tools to do woodwork in. And most importantly, we have a relationship now which was missed during childhood. So I'm eternally blessed. And to be fair, it is California.

What I've learned, is, it's never too late to improve one's self. We all have different courses and dispositions in life. Be grateful for all of our blessings, love thy family, and be able to laugh at yourself!

tldr!

Last edited:

ButteMT61

More than anything, it represents a piss-poor attitude towards older folks, which if you're looking for a job, sucks bad. So it's not that I care about what those two think, per se, it's the whole generation that one might have to contend with in the professional realm.
These generations will be in for major depression when they age. Imagine when they look "old" in their selfies in 20 years? I suspect a high suicide rate awaits the ego-centric crowd at some point.

Last edited:
Someone called me an "old timer" this morning. Asked if I still listened to oldies. I told him it was 1966 in my car. Made my day.

Mind you, like the curse of so many millennials (I was born in 1990), I'm stuck living at home with the dad. Because I spent my early twenties in a haze. No sense of direction. That, however, is on me alone. My fumble to deal with; it was however, the course of life. He technically lives "at home" too, so must run in the family. I do help out. The grandparents are both in their eighties and live nextdoor (very Croatian!). So, I feel a bit less critical of myself knowing I do as much for them as possible.

He gave me a place to live with the promise I complete school (which will happen in the Spring) and I'm grateful for it. I don't like talking about it because I'm actually pretty ashamed of it. Hopefully I'll be teaching full time in the next two years, but will probably opt to live at home then too. I like it. There's a garage with tools to do woodwork in. And most importantly, we have a relationship now which was missed during childhood. So I'm eternally blessed.
I'm lucky.......i left home when I was 18 for military service.....I ended up buying a apartment in the better section of Sydney
I get called a "old fart" by people in their younger 20's because I was one of the rare kiddies that saw "the long view" and didn't want to do a fine arts degree,a massive HECS debt and still be stuck working at Maccas

Nickb123

I'm lucky.......i left home when I was 18 for military service.....I ended up buying a apartment in the better section of Sydney
I get called a "old fart" by people in their younger 20's because I was one of the rare kiddies that saw "the long view" and didn't want to do a fine arts degree,a massive HECS debt and still be stuck working at Maccas

well at least you sound cool here...