• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your first original

Peter Graham

EMBLEMHUNTER said:
"Original" , Man I wish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't even find a good "copy" around here let alone the "real deal" ........................... :?
A good copy of what ? This is the place for good copies.

Marv

my first and only original I have owned is a 1968 Martin Lane Co G1 which cost me about £125 I think.

TankBuster

PLATON said:

Nope. Just some advice. I meant it when I said I'm hanging on to it. A guy only gets one first and it's a beauty!......and don't take this down that alternate path! :lol: :?

ties70

My Dad's old goatskin German Air Force flight jacket from 1970, which I got when I was 14, 15 (middle of the 80ies)...
The coolest thing ever produced from "Beckumer Lederwarenfabrik GmbH" and the uncoolest thing you could wear with 15....in the 80ies...

Due to a lack of character on my side (not the jackets'), I didn't not dare to wear it and my parents threw it away one day.

My first and only two US leather originals were M-422a's from Ostermann and Block. They both found admirers around here and were sold long ago.

Ties

capt71

My father's original A-2, which he wore as a B-24 pilot in WW2. I still have it and will never sell it.
I purchased a repro Eastman Leather A-2 through History Preservation Associates several years ago (which I also still have).

TankBuster

Peter Graham said:
TankBuster said:
An A-2 that belonged to a B-17 Navigator. I still have it, and will probably never let it go.

How about some photos of that one Jeff ?

I think I've posted it before years back......but here it is.

140.jpg

144.jpg

He's the guy on the crutches after a sea ditching

149.jpg

B3guy

My first one was a Brill Bros G-1 that's windflap was cut off. I quickly out grew it(Size 38).

My next one was another Brill Bros G-1, all patched up from a friend who served on the USS Eisenhower in the 80s, even has two custom made "tour" patches. He was an instrument instructor on F-14s Tomcats and later F-18 Hornets. I still own it and it remains one of my favorite jackets, indeed.

marco77

Mine was a G-1 Star size 38 , bought on the bay and paying 200 usd.
A great vintage jacket that I wear frequently.
Marco