• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You know the one thing I HATE about VLJ? Likes

Nickb123

I do that thing where I have to like an entire page even when only one particular jacket wets my whistle. I feel guilty for being selective so I opt to just like everyone’s post. SMH.

London Cabbie

This has been pissing me off for awhile now.

If there's one thing I absolutely loathe about discussion boards and VLJ is no different, it's "likes", that thing where you click on to like what somebody has posted.

Utterly awful things, they lead people to be pissed off with others because someone doesn't like a post, no matter whether they haven't seen it, etc, etc.

I just have to put this out here, if I could change one thing about VLJ, it would be to get rid of "likes" on posts.

If you like what someone has written you don't need to click a like button, just simply post a small message saying that you enjoyed what someone wrote or posted.

I'll get off my soapbox now but I bloody hate like buttons.

Bloody ghastly things.
Agreed. I also ‘liked’ out of habit…sometimes while sitting at Traffic Lights I only have time to ‘like’ though…

ausreenactor

I went away from VLJ after the forum update to the current format. I didn't 'like' the change. Possibly that aging, cynical old bustard in me.

When I had a bit of free time on the last deployment I reinvested. And the greatest positive about this place is the fact you get more from it than you give. No matter who you are or how many endorsement clicks come your way.

The things that bring me the greatest solace in life are all here. Jackets, modelling, guns, patches, aircraft and military history. The one true love is also covered (uncoveted) in some of the nose art.

Why would you bounce around VFJ on Facebook for two or three posts a week these days....??

Smithy

Mas Tequila! Vaca starts today. I'm still not 100% after the C-thing, but looking forward to some libations!

I'll raise one for you tonight Scott!

You deserve it, you and the family have had a rough time over the last few years with the fires and now Covid.

Really hope you guys have some calmer waters ahead mate. Great to see you back on here, and hope you stick around.

Smithy

I went away from VLJ after the forum update to the current format. I didn't 'like' the change. Possibly that aging, cynical old bustard in me.

When I had a bit of free time on the last deployment I reinvested. And the greatest positive about this place is the fact you get more from it than you give. No matter who you are or how many endorsement clicks come your way.

The things that bring me the greatest solace in life are all here. Jackets, modelling, guns, patches, aircraft and military history. The one true love is also covered (uncoveted) in some of the nose art.

Why would you bounce around VFJ on Facebook for two or three posts a week these days....??

I love this place and most of the people on here. There's the old dick but that's the same with anywhere where you have a bunch of people.

But for the most part the people on here are lovely, friendly, helpful, fun and we share an interest in similar things.

I'm really looking forward to COVID buggering off so we can have a pint or six together at Duxford or somewhere similarly dripping in aviation history and jackets.

Micawber

<He enters stage left, clad in somewhat too revealing tights and takes centre stage. The main lights dim, the follow spot illuminates. The audience is hushed...>

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them: to die, to sleep
No more; and by a sleep, to say we end

<Silence.

He bows and departs - stage right>

As the late, great Fred Dibnah was apt to say "did you like that?"

foster

To like, or not to like, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in cyber-world to suffer
The hearts and LOL's of outrageous fortune,
Or to post scorn against a Sea of memes,
And by opposing end them: to disconnect, to post
No more; and by a glitch, to break the internet

Paul Glover

<He enters stage left, clad in somewhat too revealing tights and takes centre stage. The main lights dim, the follow spot illuminates. The audience is hushed...>

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them: to die, to sleep
No more; and by a sleep, to say we end

<Silence.

He bows and departs - stage right>

As the late, great Fred Dibnah was apt to say "did you like that?"
Quite a contrast in your quotations there Steve !. Just as a matter of interest (well to me anyway) I met the late Fred Dibnah on numerous occasions.
In the late 70,s I started my apprenticeship in a garage a short distance from Freds home, he would call in regularly for various reasons and took great pleasure in using our Victorian press , I am surprised that he didnt have one in his well stocked workshop !.
What a character and gentleman he was.