• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yokohama Junky visit

asiamiles

Spent a couple of hours at the two Junky shops this afternoon chatting to the guy that I know, admiring the Warehouse and BR/Porters bags (the prices ¥30,000 and ¥40,000 meant I could only admire), trying on a pair of RM jeans and a Few B-1 (which were equally stiff), and looking at all the lovely jackets.

Unfortunately the two jackets I would most like to have tried on, the "Blazing Red" MA-1 (which I can report is, colour wise not "too hot" and would be quite wearable) and the Khaki Zip Deck Jacket (which I really liked the look and feel of) they only had in a 40.

John Lever

You saw a Few B-1 jacket ?
I was under the impression none had been made yet. Lucky bu**er you are to be able to see these things in a shop not on a screen.

asiamiles

John Lever said:
I was under the impression none had been made yet. Lucky bu**er you are to be able to see these things in a shop not on a screen.

I tried it on, as it was my size. Looked very luxurious but was very heavy and stiff (heavier and stiffer than the BR B-2 on the rack next to it), and it felt a bit like putting on armour.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John Lever said:
I was under the impression none had been made yet ...

It may have been from the last season, John. You would certainly notice if it was in the natural hide chosen for this year.

08few8019.jpg

asiamiles

Yes, it wasn't this year's "natural" hide version, but Junky didn't have the jacket on the rack this time last year.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
asiamiles said:
Yes, it wasn't this year's "natural" hide version, but Junky didn't have the jacket on the rack this time last year.

Exactly ... it takes many months to make up the orders after each year's trade shows.

What colour was it?

greyhound52

You know if I went to Japan I would be broke. Thank goodness I can't go there are so many things I would love to get like that WEP jacket RM had about two years ago. :eek:

asiamiles

Got to try on one of those Buzz khaki Deck Jackets today. They are nothing like the blue zip Deck Jackets being surprisingly thick and heavy...even much moreso than N-1. The jacket was my size (38) but looked a size too big, except that the liner was so thick I have serious doubts I could fit into a 36. It was rather longer than the blue Deck Jacket and all in all seemed like it might be a very practical winter jacket.

http://www.buzzricksons.jp/product/us_navy-0008.html

greyhound52

asiamiles said:
Got to try on one of those Buzz khaki Deck Jackets today. They are nothing like the blue zip Deck Jackets being surprisingly thick and heavy...even much moreso than N-1. The jacket was my size (38) but looked a size too big, except that the liner was so thick I have serious doubts I could fit into a 36. It was rather longer than the blue Deck Jacket and all in all seemed like it might be a very practical winter jacket.

http://www.buzzricksons.jp/product/us_navy-0008.html

I really like that jacket and wonder what size I could take. I take a size 40 in the L-2A and large in the L-2B and 42 or 44 in the A2s. I hate to buy a 42 and have it too big. You are right looks like a great winter jacket.

asiamiles

No, it only comes with the name tag but I'm sure you could fade/remove the name or maybe you could replace the nameplate with your own or with a patch. I tried on a 36 yesterday and while it looked about right the thick lining meant it was too small, principally under the arms.

I also tried on one of those "Blazing Red" MA-1's; the size small fit fine except it was too short. Now I like the jacket regardless but I looked in the BR's catalog and on on their website and noticed that the photo they use to supposedly show original examples has been retouched. Maybe the photo does shows red MA-1's and was so faded they thought they needed to boost the colour, or...?

http://www.buzzricksons.jp/product/us_a ... -0019.html

srivats

The lettering on the nametag comes off very easy with the hard side of a kitchen sponge ... don't let it deter you from getting a buzz jacket!