• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yet another fashion "aviator" jacket

flyboy

ButteMT61 said:
flyboy said:
Another evaluation. This time from a woman I trust.
My wifea
She's just returned from e trip to London, where she actually saw and tried on the mentioned jacket at the RL store.
Her judgement is, that the jacket is well made - with a nice fit.
The sheepskin is soft and light - where as the reinforcements - made from other leather - is rather stiff and almost cardboard solid.
Knowing a little bit about aviation jacket (wonder from where ;) ) she said, that she would not pay that amount of money for a "look-a-like aviation jacket"
- I was relieved :D

But...would she buy it say for 35% of the cost? In other words, was it nice enough to pay what we pay for a real repro from GW, ELC, Aero, etc?

Dont't think so - to be honest. She is not into jackets like that - be it aviation, biker or whatever - at all.
So I think, it had to be at least 50% of the cost if she should ever think about it.
History isn't what brings her on. Usability and look is.
Plus quality/price
She would buy it if she liked it, it looked good on her and the price was right. NOT because it looks like a B something...
I am married to a strange woman! ;)