• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yet another fashion "aviator" jacket

flyboy

This time from Ralph Lauren.
Here is the ad:
foto-14.jpg

And some pics from their website:
pPOLO2-13303033_standard_v360x480.jpg

pPOLO2-13303033_alternate2_v360x480.jpg

pPOLO2-13303033_alternate1_v360x480.jpg

At the neat price USD 2.498 !!!!!!
(You can get an original IRVIN - with lots of history and flyingtime for half that price. But - hey - it's fashion, man!)
But I also have to say, I find this one better looking than the "monster" from Burberry.

Don't show this to your wives. ;)

MikeyB-17

I rather like the first one-it has most of the character of a B-3 without the bulk. Ideal for the ladies. I'd get one for the wife if it was cheaper!

Ian C

It's all a bit re-inventing the wheel for me-I don't know why they bother doing it.

The problem with fashion is that it quickly fades where design classics just keep going. Without sounding like an old hippy, I'd like to think that if some animal gave up it's hide that it didn't get wasted on sh*te like this.

ButteMT61

I'd wager the lot of ya would give up your hides to be wrapped up in them! Old hippie or not :ugeek:

flyboy

Another evaluation. This time from a woman I trust.
My wifea
She's just returned from e trip to London, where she actually saw and tried on the mentioned jacket at the RL store.
Her judgement is, that the jacket is well made - with a nice fit.
The sheepskin is soft and light - where as the reinforcements - made from other leather - is rather stiff and almost cardboard solid.
Knowing a little bit about aviation jacket (wonder from where ;) ) she said, that she would not pay that amount of money for a "look-a-like aviation jacket"
- I was relieved :D

ButteMT61

flyboy said:
Another evaluation. This time from a woman I trust.
My wifea
She's just returned from e trip to London, where she actually saw and tried on the mentioned jacket at the RL store.
Her judgement is, that the jacket is well made - with a nice fit.
The sheepskin is soft and light - where as the reinforcements - made from other leather - is rather stiff and almost cardboard solid.
Knowing a little bit about aviation jacket (wonder from where ;) ) she said, that she would not pay that amount of money for a "look-a-like aviation jacket"
- I was relieved :D

But...would she buy it say for 35% of the cost? In other words, was it nice enough to pay what we pay for a real repro from GW, ELC, Aero, etc?