• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WWII USN Shearling M-445 Repair or Not?

Jaydee

I was lucky to pick this one up today. It is not yet here with me, so all I have is these low res photos. It looks pretty mint except for the tiny hole near the buckle. I am considering having it repaired. has anyone heard of Without A Trace in Chicago? http://www.withoutatrace.com/leather.html Or does anyone know a good place in the USA for repair? I live in California, so sending it to Aero wouldn't be cheap, but I may have to. Or should I not bother?
M44501.jpg

M44503.jpg

M44506.jpg

M44504.jpg

M44507.jpg

M44505.jpg

hacker

Re: WWII USN Shearling M-445

I have seen that company before, but no experience. Keep us posted if you try them out.....A note of caution though as Ostermann M445's are notoriously fragile. :(

Hacker

Jaydee

Thanks Hacker, I know that it will only be a very rare occasion wearer. It is hard to know if it would cause more damage trying to repair it. Hopefully I will be able to tell when I get it. I almost have a complete set of WWII USN Flight Jackets now. Only the summer cloth one left to go :)

bazelot

Really nice jacket. It looks really good. You can probably wear it with care. I would not send the jacket anywhere. It's in great shape as it is.

Peter Graham

Odd that the cuffs are turned up like that. They could be hiding something nasty. Personally I would carefully repair it myself or it will get much worse. Wear that jacket with very, very great care. It's a timebomb.