• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WWII Russian Flight jackets

bazelot

In the old forum there was a forum about Russian flight jackets from WWII. Thre was a ton of valuable info that got lost. Anyone care to rebuilt the thread?

tamoko

I sent these entire photos and gradually I found more.
Plus very rare photos from Korean period Russian MIG Leather Jackets.
I need to restore my server, after then i can share this and more other pictures. It is to much photos for photobucket upload.

bazelot

Thanks!! Let us know when your server is back up. I just got 2 russian flight jacket. One of them I think is the lend lease long coat but it does not have any tags. I have pictures of the actual pilot wearing it during the war. He was a 2 person plane pilot (him and the rear gunner). According to the family that was a "bomber". Any idea what kind of plane that might have been? He flew a shitload of missions and then was shot down. He was hospitalized and could not fly a plane after that. I am going to drill the family alittle more to get more info on him. THe jacket is in awesome shape. I will post pics soon.

havocpaul

many Soviet WW2 airmen wore british Irvin jackets and trousers, a kind of lend-lease clothing! They also had Russian-made long leather coats more in the style of WW1 airmen. The supplies of British Irvins came about at the time the UK supplied them with Hurricanes. Many Allied aircraft were given to Russia including P39's (used very successfully), P-40's, B-25's, Spitfires and more.

bazelot

Pictures of the actual pilot wearing the jacket itself. I will probably be selling this jacket soon as I do not have the space to keep it. I will post pics of the actual jacket itself later today. I think it is an american lend lease jacket. It is in amazing shape. Came from Russia only 2 weeks ago (my mother in law's present. She actually knows the daughter of the pilot (the one on the pics))

LittleLussinou044.jpg

LittleLussinou045-1.jpg

bazelot

The same pilot also owned this jacket:

kurtka6.jpg

Kurtka5.jpg

This jacket is not in very good shape but the zipper is in awesome condition.

blackcat

This is great stuff, any chance of a close up of the zipper on the second jacket ? also don't suppose their are any photos of the pilot wearing the second jacket ?

bazelot

no pics of the pilot wearing the other jacket. I will try to get my mother in law to get more info and maybe more pics from the family.
I will post pics of the zipper tonight.

bazelot

tamoko said:
on WWII photo pilot wear other coat. Coat you have civilian version.
Jacket is rial one, rare. Later WWII to Korea in Korea MIG pilots start to wear new version.
It was used 2 tip long coat: one heavy pilot bomber, other Lend-Lease car driver. And other one for NKVD (early KGB) officer this officer worn many private purchase coat to.

I work wit my server will share photos.

?
THe Coat loos exactly like the lend lease coats that were sent to russia. I do not think it is civilian. the A-2 cuffs also are telltale sign that the coat is not russian. This coat comes directly from the vet's family. According to them this is the coat he used when he was a pilot. I will ask my mother in law to try to ask them more questions and see if he had different coats during the war.

jerome35

Here are some original pictures for the soviet ww2 pilot overcoat, called "Platsch Raglan" in russian.

raglan%201.jpg

With Pl3-M parachute:

raglan%2013.jpg

raglan%209.jpg

raglan%2012.jpg

raglan%208.jpg

Most of time, blue airforce collar tabs wer sewn on.

raglan%205.jpg

raglan%204.jpg

raglan%203.jpg

Bombing IP

Bombing IP said:
If the U.S.A.A.F issued these coats in WW2, I for one would not be interested in vintage leather. I suspect there would not be the classic interest there is and probably this forum would not exist .

Bip

Bombing IP

Bombing IP said:
Bombing IP said:
If the U.S.A.A.F issued these coats in WW2, I for one would not be interested in vintage leather. I suspect there would not be the classic interest there is and probably this forum would not exist .

Bip

How is that ! ,
I knew what I meant but it did not read right ,my brain is ahead of my fingers ;)