• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WWII patched N4 jacket

bazelot

Pictures of a Navy N-4 I just bought. THe jacket is WWII vintage but the patches are later. Any way we can approximately date the patches?

jacket6.jpg

jacket7.jpg

jacket8.jpg

Peter Graham

Looks in fine shape Tom. The nametag looks to be WW2 vintage. Surely the patches could not be much later if they were applied during it's service life.

bazelot

It's actually way better than I expected it to be. I really like those N-4 jackets. You can get them for quite cheap on Ebay. I now have another one thta I wear almost everyday.
I still wish I could find more about this particular jacket though.

Willy McCoy

The best way to date that jacket without a nomenclature tag is by the zipper. The CVA patch has a jet on it so it must be from after the transition from props. Great jacket!

bazelot

Willy McCoy said:
The best way to date that jacket without a nomenclature tag is by the zipper. The CVA patch has a jet on it so it must be from after the transition from props. Great jacket!

The jacket is definitely WWII issue. The patches are 50s area. Really hard to date as the Coral Sea patch remained the same for a while (1950 to 1970). The zipper is a war issue Talon zipper.

bazelot

Swing said:
Is that Reddy Kilowatt on the Electrical patch?

~Swing
Yes it is. It's actually the Navy version with the sailor hat. Very interesting jacket. I wear it quite a lot. I should take better pictures. I bought it for the kingly sum of $11

EMBLEMHUNTER

Try this site for help, US Militaria Forum, seeing as it has his name etc , they are pretty good at tracking down serviemen's records, good luck !
Johnny