• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WWII Navy/AN Jacket ??

delta102uk

Can anyone id this jacket?....sorry for the poor pics, will post better ones when the jacket arrives this week!...US stencil behind collar means it's a AN jacket, but which maker?

0389_1.jpg

244a_1.jpg

Cheers
Sean K

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
delta102uk said:
Can anyone id this jacket?

One of the two Bogen & Tenenbaum contracts perhaps.

The stencil matches, colour of lining, pockets close to zipper .......

delta102uk

Leadsky said:
But what's happened to the last listing- seems to have been removed....

....Finally got my hands on the jacket but only after I visted my local RM sorting office!..jacket had been sent by RM standard parcels and failed to show up after the quoted 3 days delivery target...over a week later I rang Royal Mail and they suggested I visit my local sorting office see if the package is "laying around somewhere"!!....sure enough there it was!...I was given no explanation why the parcel had not been delivered..very strange. Anyway the jacket is indeed a Bogen & Tenenbaum (confirmed by JC). The goatskin is amazing!...and a dose of pecards would probably enhance the grain and texture even more!..has original conmar zipper, cuffs and waistband are also original to the jacket just wish the darn thing fit me, it seems to be a size 40"...not too bad across the shoulders and arm length seems fine but there is no way I could zipp this jacket up....here's a few quick pics..

Picture017-1.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture008-1.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Peter Graham

Man, I really like the goatskin on that one and it fits you spot on. With a little restoration that will be a great jacket.

delta102uk

Peter Graham said:
Man, I really like the goatskin on that one and it fits you spot on. With a little restoration that will be a great jacket.

Yeah it looks a good fit in the photo's but It is too tight across the chest...there seems to very little information on Bogen & Tenenbaum but the quality of the jacket is on a par with G&F and Monarch...I really like the A-2 stlye waistband...can't understand why all the other early Navy jackets went for the bi-weave style??.....here's another B&T AN-6552 that seems to have a different colour lining, and US stencil...also has bi-weave waistband??...went for big money!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/WWII-U-S-Navy-Fligh ... 240%3A1318

Sean K

delta102uk

.....the only other pics of a Bogen & Tenenbaum AN-6552 are these, some of them are from the old forum files of a jacket that belonged to JC....

600x393-2007080500004.jpg

1249085600.jpg

600x420-2007080500005-1.jpg

600x467-2007080500006-1.jpg

867954362.jpg

1859246508.jpg

1745790920.jpg

asiamiles

delta102uk said:
I really like the A-2 stlye waistband...can't understand why all the other early Navy jackets went for the bi-weave style??

Yes, I don't really like the bi-weave waistbands at all. What was the thinking behind them?