• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WWII Military Baseball Glove

Stony

I have a WWII military baseball glove that is in need of some softening up. Since it is leather, I thought the same basic principles would apply to it as with leather jackets.

What would you use on this "dry" glove to soften it up?

Thanks!

B-Man2

Stoney
Agree with the first two gentlemen but also try Pecards Brown and Black Rock leather conditioner.

Stony

I thought that might be the answer, but with a baseball glove being made of extremely thick leather, I wanted to be sure.

Thanks!

jeremiah

Here is why I disagree with pecards.
Pecards is a lotion. Not at oil. Think of a baseball glove and a saddle. Lots of similarities.
Pecards is surface deep and will not penetrate deeper into the fibers. I feel that a oil like a neatsfoot oil applied very very very conservatively is much better in the long run. But hey. That’s my opinion after using myriads of leather conditioners and working with all kinds of leather for years.
Will pecards hurt? Probably not. So do as you will.