• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WWII Impressions - Santa Fe Springs, CA...

ausreenactor

Gents,

Was fortunate to visit the WWII Impressions crew today in Santa Fe Springs. Phoned to confirm a visit was workable and got the nod. Phoned again today prior to heading out. Took as long to get from Anaheim to Santa Fe Springs as it did to locate the exact address. Worth it in the end though. The showroom was a re-enactor/collector toy shop experience. Picked up a set of WWII USMC khakis and a pair of the Cordovan Service Shoes. Well made and worth the purchase price. Just got restocked. Seized the opportunity to save on the shipping to Australia. A friendly greeting, great items and almost as good as Disneyland!! Drop the guys a line if you are nearby and take the credit card!!

Another must do in Torrance is 'The WWII Store'. Picked up some books on WW1 and WWII aircraft and a poster. Bob was great and there are a LOT of original uniforms there.. Great day...Just wish I had the Challenger instead of the Jetta..

Couchy

ausreenactor

Andrew said:
Sounds like a load of fun. Pics?

Andrew,

Sadly I did not even consider taking the camera. It was a day off, so to speak, from pack mule duties. Breaking in the USMC shoes nicely. Well made and with a bit of Dubbin or polish they will soften up nicely. Well worth the price. May become my non-runner shoe of choice. The Corcoran light tan is a bit too retro for my peers. I was shot down by my course mates for runners with jeans when heading to the airport. Everyone is a judge at the SNCO level.. I had no space for the runners after a bit of shopping at Toowoomba's Grand Central book sales.

Couchy