• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WWII Impressions boot restocking about to start

Andrew

IMG_8043[1].JPG
IMG_8041[1].JPG
Yes I know the feeling and mine are fine and they'll probably outlast me, just that I always have this feeling they might be a little long for me so i'm going to try a size down. Sorry about the size of the pics, but these are now 5 years old

Last edited:

B-Man2

They look great.
The new ones have the cord type soles that were unique to the originals.

CBI

these looks great - don'r forget SM Wholesale, they make super boots and sell LOADS for WW2 footwear

GyreneGreen

Don't forget At the Front. Their GI boots are also made by Cove and the boondockers have the corded sole. Until 12 months ago WWII Impressions and Buzz Rickson were the only two offering quality GI footwear but now At the Front is offering the same or almost identical boots as WWII Impressions.

Roughouts: http://www.atthefrontshop.com/Type_III_Roughout_Service_Shoes_p/usfssru.htm

Boondockers (sold out now but I bet they restock before WWII Impressions): http://www.atthefrontshop.com/product_p/usfnfb.htm

Service shoes: http://www.atthefrontshop.com/Reproduction_WWII_Service_Shoes_Made_in_USA_p/usfssrt.htm

Jump boots: http://www.atthefrontshop.com/WWII_Jump_Boots_p/usfjmp.htm

CBI

ATF make great looking boots/shoes. My experience is that they are not quite as well made as SMW which is why I gave them (SMW) a try. That said, ATF's are nice and a great price point.

falcon_ib

I just ordered some SM Wholesale roughouts yesterday, and will post some pictures when I get them soon. Can't beat the price, and I read some really good reviews online. ATF and WWII Imp boots both look fantastic and I've heard great things, just can't see myself spending that much on a pair of roughouts!

According to yesterday's update from ATF, his USMC N1 boondockers are coming "soon," and roughouts/double buckles are coming in Spring 2018.

Unfortunately for all of us hoping for a kanaljacke, the email said he has no plans to make anything Luftwaffe :(

GyreneGreen

ATF make great looking boots/shoes. My experience is that they are not quite as well made as SMW which is why I gave them (SMW) a try. That said, ATF's are nice and a great price point.

That used be true when ATF was having all of their boots made in China. Now there are two (three if you count Buzz when they make them) companies making almost identical high-quality boots, ATF and WWII Impressions - and everyone else who makes "decent" to "garbage" footwear (SM Wholesale, WPG, Sturm/Mil-tec).

Given that Juan almost never has anything in stock, and loves taking money for stuff he won't have in hand for 12-18 months, I refuse to buy anything from him that I can find somewhere else.

Andrew

Wow, excellent replies, thanks as I hadn’t considered anything else. Yes I don’t think I paid anything like 250 last time around but then I may we’ll have neurolyzed out that memory but in the scheme of things 100 here or there is nothing over 5 years of use.
That’s only a couple of weeks of Scotch.

Noel and John the shots of the SMW boots appear quite dark and it mentions a heavy grease impregnating which sounds as though they’re already treated with dubbin or something? I like them raw and I ended up leaving mine untreated as I liked the slow ageing patina of the suede and I never really wear them when it’s really wet so I didn’t need them waterproof. The SMW soles don’t appear to be chorded but they may well be, and that’s not a deal breaker for me just maybe a bit more attractive.

So now there’s WWIIimp, ATF and SMW to consider. Decisions and as they’re all US made I’m sure they’re all great. Tough since I already know what to expect with the sizing with WWIIimp too.

CBI

Yep, SM Wholesale comes pre-treated and I actually like the darker color. They sell TONS of shoes, Steve said they go through stock like crazy. That said, there are a number of options and price points for everyone! The main thing is how cool WW2 boots look........period!

Andrew

Ah well I went and paid for a new pair of WWII imps, this time in a smaller size like I always wanted.

I convinced myself I could swallow the poor exchange rate as I had most of the balance in my Paypal account already, but somehow forgot I had to pay to have them sent to me- what a dumb dumb. Oh well what's another $72US when it's the last time they will be making these. Now I just need to wait till next year. How does that annoying TV ad go again? "Shut up and take my money!"

ww2imp

boots22.jpg

You won't go wrong with our quality. If you order them now YOU WILL get a pair of our excellent quality boots at a discounted price or with a free gift! Any nay sayers with any issues about us not having them in stock have nothing to say because all paid orders will be delivered. We have customers who continually exclaim that they are still wearing our boots after a decade of care and maintenance. We are proud of our reputation for comfort, quality and accuracy that is WELL established.

For more information please proceed to our web site at https://www.wwiiimpressions.com/collections/prepayment-footwear We look forward to hearing from you.

EmergencyIan

I’m not someone who is almost ever on the ATF bandwagon, but I own two pair of their re-patterned WWII U.S. boots...army type two (service shoes / boots) and type three (roughouts). I also owned both of the WWII Impressions Corcoran versions of each. I can tell you that ATF’s new versions ARE superior. Bottom line. Generally speaking,I’d always choose WWII Impressions over ATF (they’re so good), but not this time.

Rollin invested a ton of money into this project and it paid off. He went to HH Brown who happen to own Corcoran. All models were essentially rebuilt from the from the ground up. This is the one time that ATF pulled out all of the stops. They’re really fine boots. On top of all of that, they’re made in the United States. From my experience, I give them my highest recommendation.

- Ian

Last edited:

ww2imp

Thank you for commenting and for your past business. I respectfully disagree that anyone makes better quality shoes than we do. Since you have owned both our footwear and theirs please do describe the differences you are referring to. Over 15 years ago I obtained copies of the actual specifications for these shoes and had the factory duplicate them. I am very confident we follow the original specs and we don't compromise on the original quality materials. Our price point is also lower than theirs since we are not charging customers for fancy soles and heels. I hope you will continue to consider us for your future needs. We work very hard to earn the business.
I’m not someone who is almost ever on the ATF bandwagon, but I own two pair of their re-patterned WWII U.S. boots...army type two (service shoes / boots) and type three (roughouts). I also owned both of the WWII Impressions Corcoran versions of each. I can tell you that ATF’s new versions ARE superior. Bottom line. Generally speaking,I’d always choose WWII Impressions over ATF (they’re so good), but not this time.

Rollin invested a ton of money into this project and it paid off. He went to HH Brown who happen to own Corcoran. All models were essentially rebuilt from the from the ground up. This is the one time that ATF pulled out all of the stops. They’re really fine boots. On top of all of that, they’re made in the United States. From my experience, I give them my highest recommendation.

- Ian

Last edited: