• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WWII Flying Sweaters

dmar836

I was gonna say, maybe not the same material but the cut appears to be current issue or recent surplus. My young 3rd ID neighbor wore one frequently.
Dave

falcon_ib

Smithy

Thanks Falcon, those ATF ones are probably even better for me as I generally need a bigger shoulder size than what period stuff offers.

Thanks once again for the link.

Smithy

Thanks Ken for the heads up. I'm not entirely certain though, the chest measurement might be a smidge on the small side but I really appreciate keeping an eye out.

Miles

Thanks Ken for the heads up. I'm not entirely certain though, the chest measurement might be a smidge on the small side but I really appreciate keeping an eye out.

Sweaters stretch. I have an Army Issue that is a small and I am a Large. It looks small but it still looks cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B-Man2

IMG_6724.JPG
Just wanted to share a photo of a few sweaters in my collection. Starting with the top Navy blue Subnarine sweater repro from North Sea Clothing , the next down is a BOB repro from Niff Natucal. The next down is an original US Army mechanics sweater of recent vintage followed by a original US Navy "GOB" sweater of current issue. On the right is a mint original USAAF WW II Mechanics sweater and below it is a Eastman repro of the same sweater. I hope you like them. If you guys have any questions I'll be happy to share what I know about them.
Cheers
B-Man2

falcon_ib

Great sweaters! Love the mechanic's ones especially. Do you wear all of them out? (Hopefully not all at the same time!)

Evan

B-Man2

Great sweaters! Love the mechanic's ones especially. Do you wear all of them out? (Hopefully not all at the same time!)

Well Evan......
As it turns out...... I live in Florida where the average year around temperature is between 70 to 80 degrees F..........so yes I have been blessed with a few really cool sweaters here...... but I hardly ever get to wear many of them in the climate where I live.
I guess you could say that GOD does have a great sense of humor.;)

Last edited:

Smithy

Thanks Tim
I get to wear them occasionally when I travel north or go to the Georgia mountains but I'm sure you could put them to way better use where you are:)

Funny you should say that, I had my OK submariner on today. Was cold and I'm kicking off the last of the flu but I was snug as a bug in a rug. I'll admit the Irvin helped as well.

Dubpynchon

View attachment 3211Just wanted to share a photo of a few sweaters in my collection. Starting with the top Navy blue Subnarine sweater repro from North Sea Clothing , the next down is a BOB repro from Niff Natucal. The next down is an original US Army mechanics sweater of recent vintage followed by a original US Navy "GOB" sweater of current issue. On the right is a mint original USAAF WW II Mechanics sweater and below it is a Eastman repro of the same sweater. I hope you like them. If you guys have any questions I'll be happy to share what I know about them.
Cheers
B-Man2
Nice collection you have there.