• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WWII flightjacket Adventurebilt batch... sorta...

Marc

Hey gang,

I've been looking a bit at the vintage flightjackets of WWII on which the design for the Indy jacket is based.

Many pilots had some AMAZING batches sewn on the left side of their jackets, indicating which group they're flying for. Just for the fun of it, I've been fooling around a little, thinking what an AB batch would have looked like back then. Though my drawing skills are VERY, very poor and my drawing skills on a computer are even worse, it is far from anything professional but I wanted to share with you anyway (perhaps at least you'll get a good laugh out of it).

So here it is:

sweat.jpg

Now all I need is a flightjacket, where I can put the official logo on the left shoulder and a pin-up picture of my wife on the back (you have NO idea how "thrilled" she'll be, seeing me running around with a pin-up picture of her on my back :lol: ).

Regards,

Marc