• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WwII era jacket with patch

Grant

FWIW, both my 21996 and 15142 jacs have collar snaps studs that don't pass through the lining, so that doesn't narrow it down, but agree, with the triple marked Talon zip and the OD thread, it's probably a 21996 (5th of 7 Aero contracts).

Also, check the bottom of the stopper box, is there a 1 and/or M stamped? That would date the zipper to 1941, same year as the 21996 contract.

Cool stuff!

EMBLEMHUNTER

The patch is some type of Drone aircraft , hence it being all red and the little "zaps" coming from cockpit area , I don' recall the type of drone, but they were little red painted ones, I think Ryan made them, I''ll see if I can find an image of one , he most likely worked with them …….

EMBLEMHUNTER

Here's the types I think the patch may represent, both are "Culver" company made ,...…….The 2 Red ones are Culver TD1C-1 Cadets and the other a CulverPQ-8
untitled.png
3_2.jpg
culver-pq8.jpg

ausreenactor

Just leaned somthin'. Can switch off for the rest of the day now... 12 working days left for the year.... Thanks for the pics!

B-Man2

12 days ...!!! Good for you. Sit back for a while and enjoy the ride. You’ve earned it!!

Last edited:

EMBLEMHUNTER

Tow target squadron ??
I don't think it's a two target unit type, the over red small aircraft like the one depicted on the patch were usually drone types, note on the patch the small zaps coming from the aerial area signifying such type operations …..

ausreenactor

12 days ...!!! Good for you. Sit back for a while and enjoy the ride. You’ve earned it!!
Mess Dinner last Friday night will probably turn me grey before I finish. Rumours of assault, insubordination and more. Fact findings and discipline investigations GO!

Soldiers?