• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WWII A2 PROJECT

Gio80

... but it probably happened a greater number of times than we could imagine in those days .
Of course, who knows how many times people baile out safely from a battle and then lost their life in some foolish accident.
Look also at his height and weight marked in ID, this is typical for pilots of those years...regardings to their jackets, sizes and fits and ets.
I knew that flight jackets did not belong to the pilots at all, it was not usual take it home when the service was over. They were reused from other pilots.
I heard this but I am not sure if is it correct.

Gio80

Some more pics of Lt. Leggett. Unluckily the one with the monkey is hardly to see inside the trunk.

MERRILL AUCTION LOT 1.jpg

P1150050.JPG

Gio80

Here one more pic of the Leggett’s trunk. There are some patches inside, the leather tab wings on top, under the wings the 315th FS (Bugs Bunny), under Bugs Bunny there are at least two more patches with red edge, they could be the 314th FS, but the graphic of the cloud does not have the same look!

Anyone can catch it? Unlucky is not good quality pic.

80AC71B6-2778-4B2A-B26C-E8D6BC0D7606.jpeg

Here the 314th FS patch
76942253-F775-4F07-A416-ADAE04EEF90E.jpeg

Last edited: