• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ww2 USN repro leather nameplate where to buy.

dinomartino1

Anyone know a source for a leather ww2 style USN leather nameplate other than mash or eastman, theirs seem too pricey to me, I have not bought one for years am I just out of touch with current prices.

dinomartino1

Thanks, G &B way cheaper, a fair and sensible price compared to the others, it's only a small piece of leather with 10 cents worth of ink on it.
The poor Aussie dollar makes things hard at the moment.

denny@aero

Aero can offer both USAAF and USN style name tags.

Name Tags.jpg
Name Tags.jpg

Grant

As a tribute to one of my favorite USN aviators, I had MASH make me a John Thach of VF-3 name tag for my old repro M421A. The leather used is the proper thickness, has some nice grain to it and is wearing beautifully. IMHO, if I'm going to the trouble of having a name tag made for a jacket, I wanted the closest to what was made wartime.

USN.jpg

dinomartino1

As a tribute to one of my favorite USN aviators, I had MASH make me a John Thach of VF-3 name tag for my old repro M421A. The leather used is the proper thickness, has some nice grain to it and is wearing beautifully. IMHO, if I'm going to the trouble of having a name tag made for a jacket, I wanted the closest to what was made wartime.

View attachment 15391

I understand your point Grant if this was an expensive jacket I would pay more but I can't justify spending $51AUD for a Bronson jacket that cost AUD$110.
Like I said the crap Aussie dollar exchange rate is hitting hard, now worth only 70 US cents.
So many jackets I want to buy and so little funds to buy with.
The appearance of the leather of the patch in your photo is first rate.