• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WW2 US Navy pea coat

MaydayWei

As stated, great find. I remember this thread well and the FL thread too. I still pull out my peacoat in the dead of winter when the old N-1 isn't dressy enough. Mine is a early '60s reefer with the brass buttons. Still looks classy.

The N-1 has gotta be the next one to keep an eye open for! Much harder to find in decent nick and even more so for a reasonable price!

MaydayWei

btw, a way to determine pre wwll pea coats is that those cowl collar coats will have a small button and button hole in the middle of the back bottom vent. the ones without that little feature were war time made jackets. even earlier pea coats will have the Bakelite anchor buttons with 13 stars around the perimeter. they all are great winter coats [jackets], and require little babbying other the dreaded mothing. the little fuckers just love old wool, and buttons stitching coming loose. I might add that the tagged sizing is generally true to size,, but they were made in longer and shorter sizes that are not indicated on the label. measurements of a potential buy are imperative.

Absolutely agree. At least in my limited experience, the sizing was generally on point, but there seemed to be a variety of inconsistencies for overall length and sleeve length. Some don't even come with size tags (such as mine)....
As for the moths, I hope all the little buggers burn in hell. Alternatively, load up on moth balls

Brent

The N-1 has gotta be the next one to keep an eye open for! Much harder to find in decent nick and even more so for a reasonable price!

Not to high jack your thread but I have a 60's N-1 that is a beater. Yard work kind of jacket. Then I have my BR DEMOTEX-ED N-1 repro. Nice and really warm jacket.

Regards,