• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WW2 Photos

Cyril

some findings. hope they haven't been around here already.

ww2 pilots_5.png

pilot ww2.jpg
tumblr_nephd4CM7B1t3cxt2o1_1280.jpg
ww2 pilots_1.jpg
ww2 pilots_2.jpg
ww2 pilots_3.jpg

rob20uk

You have to love the health and safety shown in this photo

Attachments

• 93EBED42-53D5-4931-97E3-AA75784CFB4B.jpeg
    93EBED42-53D5-4931-97E3-AA75784CFB4B.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 103

Chandler

I think it’s a fast shutter speed . Look at the props on the other planes in the photo . All of the props are stopped .
That one on the left is hard to make out, but yeah -- what's showing of the one on the right does look stopped.

Flightengineer

Not a photo but worth sharing.
Strolling through some old LIFE magazines, I noticed this on the backside of the November 22 1943 issue.

View attachment 87529
Probably Coca-Cola seriously saddled the topic of advertising among the allies. Here is a poster from the same series with British and Soviet pilots (sorry, I only have a low resolution pic)

Blackboxr1200S

Probably Coca-Cola seriously saddled the topic of advertising among the allies. Here is a poster from the same series with British and Soviet pilots (sorry, I only have a low resolution pic)
I'm a sucker for these old adverts, and yes Coca Cola, spent some serious dollar on artists and marketing ( as they still do).
Only now, woke team took over and they aren't worth a look.