• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WW2 original color photos

flyincowboy

the five grand
5 grand.jpg
b17 five grand.jpg

Micawber

Can't recall if I posted this before but came across these while moving some archive photos around. Sir Baboon Magoon of the 91st BGH made it back to England but crash landed on the way back from a raid due to shortage of fuel. A/C was repaired on site and was the subject of this magazine article. I met and became friends with at least one crew member of this a/c who was later to finish his war as a guest of the Germans. Let'skeep these images in here please chaps.

Sir baboon 02.jpg
Sir Baboon 01.jpg
Sir Baboon.jpg

Micawber

May be repeats, apologies if so. Father Ragan at Bassingbourn. As an aside these are posed images, the guys in flight gear are in fact from the photo lab. My good friend the late Joe Harlick took some of the most iconic images of the 91st is on the far left.

Fthr Ragan.jpg

Fthr Ragan 01.jpg

Edited to add this one -Joe Harlick on the left...

Joe Harlick & Dodge.jpg

Last edited:

Micawber

I'm now pretty sure I've posted these before due to them being my resized from originals and where they are stored on my archival HD's - so this will be the last for now..

Mrs Howes, who's family still farm at Bassingbourn, in front of "The Peacemaker" which was lost on a local test flight killing all those onboard. One of a series of similar original colour photos featuring this good lady and her flock.

Mrs Howes & Peacemaker.jpg

ausreenactor

Can't recall if I posted this before but came across these while moving some archive photos around. Sir Baboon Magoon of the 91st BGH made it back to England but crash landed on the way back from a raid due to shortage of fuel. A/C was repaired on site and was the subject of this magazine article. I met and became friends with at least one crew member of this a/c who was later to finish his war as a guest of the Germans. Let'skeep these images in here please chaps.

View attachment 58913View attachment 58914View attachment 58915

Serviceable tail numbers were required every day... the crews would have been frustrated, but got the job done regardless.

'Can Do' is not just a Bomb Squadron motto, its an ethos!