• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WW2 British army driver's shearling jerkin

Micawber

Browsing through a book about Jeeps in British service during WW2 I came across this photo of a driver clad in a shearling jerkin. I wouldn't mind something similar...

IMG_20190913_131138243.jpg

Southoftheborder

From the look of the buttonholes it seems to be a standard Army jerkin with a shearling lining and a collar. He might well have got it modified himself somewhere.

Most of the WW2 ones on sale are a bit sad now but you can still buy very good Belgian army versions in unissued condition. They have brass buttons but they can be changed and are otherwise pretty identical.

Micawber

From the look of the buttonholes it seems to be a standard Army jerkin with a shearling lining and a collar. He might well have got it modified himself somewhere.

Most of the WW2 ones on sale are a bit sad now but you can still buy very good Belgian army versions in unissued condition. They have brass buttons but they can be changed and are otherwise pretty identical.

I remember when surplus stores used to be piled high with ex service jerkins but I'm not sure I recall seeing one with pile like that. Just so happens that I've got a rather minty Belgian example that I wear every now and again.

Officer Dibley

Is that a personalmodification Steve ? Never seen one like that before in my text books .. Neither an Irvin or B-6 do the job for you ?

Last edited: