• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WW2 AVIATORS KIT BAG

A

Anonymous

Are there any companys selling an aviators kit bag like the one seen in the great escape .RGDS JEFF

A

Anonymous

Hi Peter thats the exact bag I was looking for ,I did not know that Eastman made one .Many thanks Rgds JEFF

A

Anonymous

Peter, are you serious when you say you haven't seen "The Great Escape" ?

You need to rectify that my friend and rectify it soon !! :)

Dave

TankBuster

Jeff,
You can buy nice originals for about the same price or less.
A former forum member just had one on Ebay that was near
mint, it sold for about $88.

Glad this topic has come up. I bought an Eastman bag last year and was thrilled with it-totally looked the part-until I compared it to an original owned my a friend of mine. His bag and mine had the exact same nomenclature, but mine was substantially smaller, about the size of an RAF parachute bag. His is substantially larger.

Is Eastman's bag duplicated an actual, small bag, or intended to dupe someone who hasn't an original to compare. Anyone know?

Dan

A

Anonymous

I've had half a dozen originals over the years and whilst there was one pattern that was very consistant, several types varied in size. I have to say I always found them too big to be practical myself so I will be ordering one from ELC if they are substantially smaller. The originals had to carry a lot of flight clothing and therefore, if you want to use one as a sports bag etc, they are way too big. When full of even clothing they weigh a ton ! A smaller one would be perfect. :)

Thanks for the info'.

Dave

Fredells

DUBOWA2 said:
Are there any companys selling an aviators kit bag like the one seen in the great escape .RGDS JEFF

I believe Buzz Rickson and Toys McCoys makes kit bags.

Regards

MikeyB-17

I bought an ELC one a few years ago, to keep my B-3 in when it was in storage in the Summer. It did a very good job to it too. The B-3 is gone, but I've still got the bag, which makes an excellent travel bag. I've no complaints with mine.

Andrew

better duck said:
Haven't seen The Great Escape, but might this be one like the one you want?
(ELC) http://www.shopcreator.com/mall/eastman ... 112108.stm

I too am surprised. Ahh you lucky Man. I've watched it countless times since since I was a kid (when it was made) and still enjoy it like the first time but I reckon it would be an absolute treat first time as an Adult- especially with this hobby. Get yourself a copy Peter.

I use an RAF Irvin Air Chute bag for carrying stuff about. My Dad used to work with a Barrister who was an ex RAAF Bomber Pilot- he would carry all his things to Court in his. He always felt safe when he carried it with him.

John Lever

Where would the England team without that song ?
BTW my daughter has just ordered an ELC bag for her boyfriends sports gear, so after all the positive comments I'm glad I recommended it to her.

Members online

Latest posts